iTunes security enquiry

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Artmuzz, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Artmuzz macrumors 6502

I was downloading updates to my apps on my iPad. When I went into the appstore, a popup window appeared telling me that they need extra information before I downloaded my app. I had to log in with my iTunes/AppStore Apple ID and password then another window appeared with the following...

"To help ensure the security of your Apple ID, choose three questions and provide your answers below"

I completed it then but at the bottom it asked for my email address. I used the email address thats I use with my with my Apple ID but I got the following message...

"The recovery email address cannot be the same as your apple ID or email address"

I don't understand why i need to put in a different email address. Forgive me if I am sounding paranoid.

Please advise

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Because if your account is compromised it doesn't make any sense to send a password reset question or a recovery link to the compromised account.