iTunes showing wrong account

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bhigh8, Apr 4, 2013.

1. bhigh8 macrumors 6502

I got an update for one of my apps. And it was the password for my wife's acct. I went to settings and in iTunes it shows my ID. How do I update my app?

Help please.

2. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

surely someone has had this happen. why would one of the apps show my wifes itunes account when trying to update the app. the app was downloaded by me.

3. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Well if you are using the same iTunes account on the phones, she could have automatic downloads on and if you downloaded an app on your phone, it will download on her phone (device) too.

Verify that you are using separate iTunes accounts on each device(I suggest saving some money and share an account).

4. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

i was always told to have seperate accounts. what will happen if i just use the one account. will it cause issues each time we connect to itunes.

also, the app was redbox. i am the only one to download the app. my wife doesnt even have it on her phone. not sure how it shows her itunes acct when its time to update the app.

5. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

One iTunes account simplifies everything. You don't have to buy things twice also.

The trick would be to have a different computer login account for her and for you. So under her profile on the computer it will sync her stuff and under your profile it will sync your stuff.

You can still use separate IDs for facetime, find my friends, etc...