iTunes Store HAS the cover art BUT it won't download

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Surreal, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Surreal macrumors 6502a

More than a few of my albums have this problem; http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=55120602&s=143441&i=55120176

this album is on iTunes. so there is cover art. i put in my CD and get an incorrect picture and CD listing. i fix this, i then try to import the correct picture and get nothing.

i USED to be able to fix this by making sure that the album name, artist, and song name were the exact same as iTunes store....no dice now.

the iTunes art is clearer than any Jpeg i will find...i would prefer it..but HOW? if i could just GRAB the art or point iTunes at the listing in the store, i would be appeased.

2. jimmygreen macrumors newbie

Bumping...
    because I have the same issue. Recently moved my iTunes library to a new iMac via fw drive. All (or most) of the artwork that I had added myself was intact but many of the covers that I downloaded throught the Get album art option were missing or wrong.

Examples:Kill Bill vol.1 cover has been replaced with Illicit Beats vol.1 (not a good cover!). Van Morrison has been replaced with Darren Morrison. etc, etc.

I've tried editing the tags so titles, artists etc are exactly the same as the iTunes store but it's not working. :(

Is it a Leopard issue or a problem with the latest build of iTunes.

3. Dahl macrumors 6502a

Bringing the old thread back to life, since it's still a problem.

iTunes still have this problem, it downloads the wrong artwork, but all my info is the same as the same title in the iTunes store.
    I wish there at least was a way to add info using a webcam w/ scanner software or adding the upc code.

4. psxguru macrumors 6502a

5. Dahl macrumors 6502a

Thanks.

I'm a bit (ok, a lot) uptight about my music, so I usually Google to find the best image to use as artwork. I haven't used Amazon images in years because they are too small. But I'll take a look.

6. Dahl macrumors 6502a

Can't believe I still have this problem.
    I wish Apple would let you copy the iTunes store artwork to your own albums.