iTunes store in NL...any movies or video coming soon...?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by andymaxx, Mar 24, 2009.

1. andymaxx macrumors newbie

Words cannot quite explain how frustrated I am with iTunes Store :mad:
    While the UK, USA, and other countries (I'm sure) are enjoying renting or buying movies or TV series from iTunes, why oh why oh why has this service not yet landed in the Netherlands???
    I have been living in NL for the past 7 years and have always though of this fabulous country being quite advanced in terms of media, movie releases, etc etc. So it is beyond me...why no movie iTunes service yet!?? No doubt it has something to do with licensing which brings me to my question...
    Does anybody out there have any clue, or heard any news, about when movie/Tv serie purchase/rental will be available in Holland through iTunes? When will :apple: get this sorted??
    I already get so irate when I am forced to use the NL store rather than UK. Not having movies just makes it worse...

2. versacenl macrumors newbie

Not for quite a while

Heard this from a friend who works at one of the big movie distributors:
    "iTunes movies we do not make that much money on, since most of the profit is still in dvd (and not even blue ray), we are forced to push the dvds on the market, did you know that 50% of the profit is made in the USA and the other 50% in the rest of the world" hence forth... as long as they can stop us buying movies on itunes in NL and sell dvds they will do so.

3. Styxie macrumors member

I feel you, dude. I was also hoping TV shows and movies would come to iTunes soon, but it ain't happening. Oh well, there are others ways to watch Lost and see movies...