iTunes suddenly thinks my iPhoto albums are much smaller (missing MANY pics!)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by felixen, Feb 3, 2011.

1. felixen macrumors 6502a

Hi,

Recently I noticed a lot of my photo albums missing on my iPad, and the ones left missed a lot of pictures. So I connect my iPad to iTunes and go to the photos tab to check it out, and next to each album it either says "0" pictures or a much smaller number than it used to. When I open iPhoto everything is normal - it says 852 pics for instance on one photo album which iTunes only thinks contains 190 pics.

What the hell is wrong? Why did so many of my pictures suddenly turn invisible to iTunes? I know I can just sync the actual photo folders on my comp instead of this ever buggy iPhotos folder, but by doing so I will not get "faces" on my iPad/iPhone.

Can anyone help?

2. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; da-dk) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Anyone? I really want All my photos on the ipad

3. peterdevries macrumors 68040

peterdevries

You could try rebuilding your iPhoto library (search google...). Maybe it is corrupted and only iTunes has a problem with it.

Did you also check the synching settings in iTunes? Did you check to sync all photos?

4. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I did check itunes to sync all photos. Might have to look into this rebuilding thing :(