iTunes Sync apps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bbloksma, Feb 2, 2012.

1. bbloksma, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012

bbloksma macrumors newbie

Hi,

As I have had some near disastrous sync errors allready I'll ask here.
    I just hooked up my iPhone for the first time to my home PC where I will organise all my iPhone and iPad resources like apps, books, etc.

I have been syncing my iPad several times already and now want to sync my iPhone. I have been using my iPhone for the past few days already and it has been configured for normal use. During the first connect to iTunes I was asked for my Apple ID, ok I entered it.

The first sync seems to have been performed normally but... most items are deselected for synchronizing. For instance my apps. So I want to select the sync button for the Apps but then I get a warning (Dutch):
    Weet u zeker dat u Apps wilt synchroniseren? Alle bestaande Apps en de bijbehorende gegevens op de iPhone <name> worden vervangen door Apps uit deze iTunes bibliotheek.
    Which translates to:
    Are you sure you want to synchronize your Apps? All existing Apps en relevant data on iPhone <name> will be replaced by Apps in this iTunes library.

Well of course I don't want to delete everything on my iPhone, I want iTunes to SYNCRONIZE like the word says: get what is on the iPhone and not on the PC and bring it to the PC, get what is on the PC and not on the iPhone and bring it to the iPhone.
    How do I do that?

I that is not possible how does one handle getting a new PC and hooking the iPhone and iPad to it for the first time. That seems to present the same problem.

2. stevemcgee, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012

stevemcgee macrumors newbie

Some steps for Syncing your iPhone 4 to iTunes: 1) Connect the iPhone 4 to your PC and launch iTunes. 2) Select iPhone Option in the iTunes sidebar. 3) Select the content that you’d like to sync (music, email and contacts). 4) At the completion of this process, click Apply button on iTunes. Wait for Syncing to complete.

3. bbloksma thread starter macrumors newbie

Which is exactly what I do but the apps content was not selected yet so I want to enable it. THAT is when I get the warning all my apps on the iPhone will be deleted and replaced by the apps in my iTunes library.
    So what do I do, just let it delete all apps on my iPhone and hope I have the same on my PC?