iTunes tries to copy movies from my Mac to iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pknewman, Mar 25, 2012.

1. pknewman macrumors newbie

I backup/sync both my ipad and iphone 4S to my iMac. When I connect my iphone to iTunes to sync up, after going thru all the syncing, it tries to put movies that are on my computer to my iphone before it finishes syncing. The movies are on ipad and are only on my imac because of the ipad syncs. Not sure why itunes tries to copy those movies onto my iphone. On my iphone settings in itunes I have NOTHING checked under movies to prevent movies from going onto my iphone. To stop movies from copying, I just have to close the syncing (don't know any other way to stop it) because each time it begins copying I have a heart attack when it says 'copying movies to iphone, 60 hours remaining).....Help?!? thanks

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Change the settings in iTunes, under your iPhone movies tab.

3. TheAppleSource macrumors regular

TheAppleSource

Are you sure that they are movies and not TV shows or music videos or something other than what iTunes classes as a movie? Check all the boxes you've got ticked to sync to your phone and see if any of them could be causing the videos to be being synced to your phone.