iTunes verification on iPhone 5??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cody21, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

Alright, I'm at the point where I'm pissed off right now. Got the iPhone 5 on friday. yay. Went to purchase music from iTunes on the phone last night, a message popped up saying they needed verification. typed in my password.

A page came up saying "since this is the first time using this device to purchase music, we need you to answer some security questions for verification. I have the slightest clue what the answers to those questions are. So I just got off the phone with iTunes technical support or some BS like that and I clearly explained to him my problem.

The guy told me he could reset the security questions once I answer at least one correctly. How exactly am I supposed to answer those questions, when I do not have the answers to them?? Sounds like a smart guy if you ask me.

Anyways, has anyone had this problem and got it worked out? I'll go ahead and point out that you CANNOT go to the "appleid.apple.com" website and change these. I was told to try that and I was presented with security questions to answer.

2. bozzykid macrumors 68020

Only the account owner can setup the security questions. So if you can't answer one of the questions, I don't see how Apple's CSR could help you.

3. Cody21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cody21

I happen to be the account owner.

4. bozzykid macrumors 68020

Yes, and you set the security questions.