iTunes wifi syncing working only occasionaly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bobright, Feb 20, 2012.

1. bobright macrumors 601

Does anybody know what the problem could be?

It works only once in a while ill have to plug it to my USB it then picks up if I unplug it. I made sure I had it checked within itunes. Could it be my Antivirus or firewall blocking it (and there is something I need to enable)?

2. JAT macrumors 603

Windows 7 non-Ultimate?

Regardless, I'd switch to specified IPs on your network. This cleans up nearly all sporadic wireless problems, IME. Could also depend on your network equipment. I know I had to do some trial and error and internet searching on my router to get all the settings optimal and avoid such things.

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I'm on Windows 7 Ulitimate x64 and finally turned off wifi syncing because it honestly worked around 10% of the time. I could tolerate that except it locked up iTunes for 10 to 15 seconds at a time and I'd come back to the PC after a few hours and there were "unable to connect" pop-up errors in iTunes that I had to dismiss. It seems most of the people having issues are Windows 7 users.

The above comment is interesting because I just changed over to static IP addresses and I'll see if that makes a difference. I don't think it will because my dynamic address never changed.

It's too bad. I'd like to use it.