Itunes will not let me movie multiple items from movies to tv shows

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Knoll, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Knoll macrumors newbie

When I select a handful of movies(really my tv shows) and right click get info and change the media type to TV shows it will not transfer. Though I can do it one by one but really who wants to do that?

Running iTunes 8.0.2

Any ideas?

2. rs13 macrumors member

it may have something to do with episode numbers or something like that

3. Knoll thread starter macrumors newbie

4. cuestakid macrumors 68000

I dont think it is the Episode number. Try this- go to this like and download and install this script-you will have to close itunes to complete the install. Once you have re-opened iTunes, you should see an apple script menu bar item. Now go to your movie library and select the items. Now go to the apple script menu and select "Select Video Kind for selection" and choose TV show.

That SHOULD allow you to do it. Let us know what happens.

5. Knoll thread starter macrumors newbie

"AppleScripts cannot run on the Windows operating system."

Forgot to say I have windows vista 32 bit. Any more ideas?

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

It should work. I just did every episode of Friends that way last night. When you right-click multiple videos, the far right tab should have the "Media Type" drop-down box. Just change it to TV Shows (or whatever you need to change). This is something that Apple FINALLY added to iTunes that saves me a bunch of time when I skip using MetaX.

7. Knoll thread starter macrumors newbie

I know about that tab, but like I said in my first post I can only do one at a time, not multiple ones...