iTunes window by default too big (after having MBP connected to external monitor)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by RapsacDK, Jun 16, 2011.

1. RapsacDK macrumors member

RapsacDK

Good morning fellow fanboys,

Some days ago at work, I had my MBP 15" connected to an external monitor. I ran iTunes and resized it to a bigger size than my MBP's regular 1440x900. No, every time I open iTunes from my MBP without the external monitor it open way too big.

I have to change screen resolution to something smaller (ie. 800x600) in order for it to automatically resize, and then back to 1440x900. But if I then quit iTunes and re-open, it will be monster sized again.

Any solutions?
    Screenshot: http://cl.ly/151T3A1Z0G343X3a072w

Happy thursday!
    Caspar

2. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Try Option clicking the "green traffic light button" in the upper left corner, it should be within your display resolution, then quit iTunes and when you reopen it should stay at that size.

3. barjammar macrumors newbie

barjammar

Screen resolution too big randomly changes after external screen presentation

I am answering because I have had similar problem and forums I looked at did not explain a fix. I have a Macbook Pro 17" which started behaving wierdly after a lecture tour. Typically, it would look normal, but after a "sleep" from closing the lid, or after a new bootup, the screen would be at 800 x 600 (or similar large font appearance) and two screen preferences would be present when I looked at screen properties. Nothing much would fix the problem except close-down the lid for a while and/or reboot; but even this was unreliable.
    I discussed my problem with people at the Sydney Apple Shop and they found reference to a screen settings file which had been created on the fly when an external screen was attached. These settings are files with extension "plist" in a directory called /user/yourname/library/preferences/byhost/NNNNN.plist
    Anyway, apparently you can delete one and it will be recreated on the fly if it is needed again. So I changed the names (by adding xxxx at the beginning) on two files with the "plist" extension which seemed to be related to two displays. They were:
    xxxxcom.apple.preference.displays2.17D7F3D1-B45E-5790-B605-2D9665CF6C82
    and
    xxxxcom.apple.preference.displays2.2E0EFC22-41C2-5AC5-A0FD-A0B01EE5368A
    Then the problem seems to have been fixed (at least in the past 24 hours).