Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macaddict123k

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2001
Palm Harbor, Florida
i had itunes 2 installed on 9.1 and my sister went 2 play 1 of her games. it wouldnt work. i had 2 force restart and all the applications in application folder were deleted. in fact the wholde folder was and so were many other things in my h/d.i have most thing back 2 normal but im not sure what else was deleted but its ok it wont make a big dif. so if u have itunes2 be careful. is there a conection i hope not. well it sucked for me and it scare the **** out of me.but its ok

KingArthur

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2001
Marion, Ohio
I have had very similar problems on my OS9.1 PM6500/250. Sure the computer is a 4yr old model, but it still has been handling well on everything that is not G3-Required. I just wonder if there is some underlying conflict with my hardware or if the problem lies in the compatibility with the OS. I can't even play a song without it crashing (or at least a force quit, it seems to always want one or the other). If I'm not mistaken, OS9.2 requires a G3, and I don't have one, so I may have to find and destroy all iTunes related plugs and prefs and stick with v1.1 which actually works with 9.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.