Ivanka Trump clothing line reports record sales

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by edk99, Mar 8, 2017.

1. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Looks like Nordstrom jumped the gun on this one. So much for the silly "Grab your wallet" boycott.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...anka-trump-clothing-line-reports-record-sales

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

walmart and target will sell it. made in china stuff that she learned from her dad how to outsource her stuff.

3. samiwas macrumors 68000

Did they, though? The brand received a huge jump due to the media attention, and I know of a few people who went out to buy the stuff solely to "stick it to liberals", just like they did with Chik-Fil-A. In another month, it'll likely be just another has-been clothing line.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Seems like the way things are going these days. Controversies drive customers to support products as much as drives others away. In the end, I don't care how much Ivanka sells ... so long as she doesn't use the presidency to further her business.

(Billy beer anyone?)

5. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Buy enough pop tarts, have to buy some cheap stuff to replace the clothes you ruined spilling burnt strawberries and frosting on your outfits. One anti-boycott move fuels another LOL.

6. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

I have a higher up family member at Nordstrom and they showed me "some info" showing that it was a decline in sales and a business decision. I believe them. Unfortunately, as a businessman, Trump couldn't accept that.

7. Galacticos macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

Who is the person on the right/what is this meme a play on?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 8, 2017 ---
    I think it's pretty obvious he capitalised on it

8. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Its from Alien 3. One of the best movies of the series if you ask me.

Alien3.jpg

The person on the right is Sigourney Weaver. She was a babe back in the day.

9. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

You excited for Alien: Covenant?

10. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I am! I still need to see Prometheus though first.

That was a great MEME by the way. KellyAnn makes the perfect alien queen. I laughed so hard. Still am. It's so funny! :D

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Why is Ivanka selling records. Everyone is streamed now.

12. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

Prometheus was great, clearly inspired on H.P. Lovecraft's "At the mountains of madness"

13. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Yeah, same thing happened with Trump Wine back in February. There was a publicized boycott by NOW, which ironically resulted in several stores selling out of it.

I want to try Trump wine but my local wine merchants can't get it. They say it's backordered.

14. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Prometheus was a cinematic abomination on par with Alien Resurrection. Don't even bother watching it. I have not heard about a new Alien movie. Here is the list of Alien movies in order of awesomeness...

1. Alien. Perfect movie.
    2. Alien 3. A solid film. They relied too heavily on CGI for the alien and it didn't come across well. They should ahve stuck with the puppets/animatronics.
    3. Aliens. Movie was ok. Too much shoot-em-up and not enough suspense.
    4. Alien Resurrection. Just a terrible movie. Story was dumb. Acting was bad. CG Was good.
    5. Prometheus. Just bad. The plot was terrible, filled with so many holes we could market it as a new kind of cheese.
    Prometheus was the worst. We need to start or resurrect a thread on this so I can re-educate you.

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

But the new movie builds on Prometheus. It's a sequel of sorts. So I feel compelled to watch it first. Plus I am a completist. I watch every movie in a series even if some of them stink.

16. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Copy that. If this new movie is a sequal to Prometheus then its a "hard pass" for me. That movie sucked.

17. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Not surprising at all. I imagine most of Trump's core support went out and bought Ivanka's overly expensive products as a form of protest. Considering that much of his base support is from poor white blue collar voters, I wonder if Chaffetz will lecture them about buying health insurance instead of Ivanka's products when they lose their current healthcare plan because of TrumpCare.

18. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

You can get Trump whine on Twitter, all day long.:D

19. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Man are Trump haters bitter lol. Not really an attractive quality imo.

20. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Nah....I'm not bitter at all. Just watchful. I don't think Steve is bitter either. You can't deny that both Trump and his daughter have outsourced things. Those are just facts. Everything Trump has said about outsourcing products and steel to other countries, he has done himself. It's hypocritical. And not an attractive quality in a human.

21. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yes the wine that will be made by imported labor. go trump.
    I know selling made in china stuff while selling yourself as made in America president. it looks really ugly.

22. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

23. poloponies Suspended

"Record sales" based on what? Was it already in decline and then experienced a brief surge or was it a consistent performer that's gaining momentum? In either case, so what?

24. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

This is going to probably cause another protest now. Great - more missed work and classes :)