Ivanka Trump Web Order Backfires

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Peace, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

2. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

3. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

What an obnoxious thing to say to a customer. But free advertising is free advertising.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Free market, baby. If ivanka wants to take her business elsewhere ...

5. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

I didn't say it should be illegal, baby. Just that it's an obnoxious way to get some free publicity.

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

So you'll be shopping elsewhere for you earcuffs, I assume.

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

well it better then having a sign saying no gays served here or no muslims at the shooting range.

8. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

LOL if Ivanka's for Clinton anyway (and Everytown for Gun Safety and all the rest of that lot).

9. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

My 14 karat gold ear cuffs are made with pride in the Deep South :mad:

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I took a peek at some of your past posts, and you've been pretty honorable in your positions (in subjects somewhat related to this one). So I've been aiming my snark at the wrong target. Please accept my apologies and my respect for your good humored response.

11. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

Haha, no hard feelings.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

13. dec., Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016

dec. Suspended

dec.

Weird story. The item that it is linked to costs US $84, in Trump world that's a slice of toast (with some fresh whipped, imported butter from the swiss alps). Not much left to donate after all, but I also find the lack of customer privacy somewhat irritating. I mean, sure, if it's just another sex shop selling some dildo to another "evangelist" freak, it is amusing [and still against CP] to point out some hypocrisy, but in this case there's really not much going on at all ("yeah, you bought from lefties, hur hur"). I'd maybe avoid that store based on their disregard for customer privacy.

14. deany macrumors 68030

deany

Well anything to keep Trump's finger off the nuclear button is a good thing to me.
    ps
    I note the recent NY Times article on how much becoming president (not that he will) will relief his huge debts-
    "As president, Mr. Trump would have substantial sway over monetary and tax policy, as well as the power to make appointments that would directly affect his own financial empire. He would also wield influence over legislative issues that could have a significant impact on his net worth, and would have official dealings with countries in which he has business interests."
    NICE- NOT

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/u...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

15. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Liberal as I may be, I hope this was leaked by someone on the receiving end and not the supplying end. I guess there is no inherent 'right to privacy' when purchasing an apparel item, nevertheless, it would be in very poor taste if this was socialmediaized by the maker without Ivanka's consent.

16. MarkusL macrumors 6502

She's a Trump. She knows all about obnoxious ways to get some free publicity.

17. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

I've dealt with extremely obnoxious clients, and I would never do what this company did. Even if Ivanka were 1000 times as obnoxious as her father, it still wouldn't excuse their behavior.

18. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Maybe it is just my outer cynic but it seems fairly naive for people to assume Ivanka even bought something from the company looking for free publicity.

19. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

should have used the 84 dollars to upgrade their website for mobile. It's 2016 ffs.

20. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Wasted effort on Ivanka, the only one in the family with any sense.

21. citizenzen macrumors 65816

The Donald sure does inspire the best in people.

Such a uniter.

You'll love it.

22. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

From the original article, it was indeed the Lady Grey people who posted the photos and note on Twitter and Instagram. To me, that makes it even worse since they did this deliberately and out of spite. It's a shameful way to treat a customer, any customer. I hope Ivanka returns the piece for a refund.

23. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I'll love PRSI if Trump gets elected that's for sure!

If they wanted to take out some angst take it out on Trump not his kid. Kids are off limits in politics eve if their parents bring them in IMHO of course.

24. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'll disagree in this case. Unlike some previous presidents, Trumps "kids" are adults, plus they gone way beyond being mere stage props and have made speeches on his behalf. Acting on their own, as adults, they've inserted themselves into the election.