Ivanka used personal email account to send hundreds of emails about govt business

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009
Color me shocked, can't imagine that Ivanka and her husband are lousy employees, what with their father being such a man of morals, ethics and character.

One thing we know, his base won't care, its everybody's fault but their own, or - if there were rules or laws broken - it doesn't apply to them anyways so who cares?

Onto the next "you can't make this stuff up" story...

john123

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2001
Is she an employee of the federal Government or Sec. of State?
Yes. She’s an employee of federal government.
I'll add to appleisking's response that the answer is not only yes, but that she (obviously) is subject to all the requirements and rules that come along with that position--regardless of the fact that she does not accept a paycheck:
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/29/521963433/ivanka-trump-to-be-an-official-white-house-employee-covered-by-ethics-rules

What's your next excuse?

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
No, I feel y’all shouldn’t even react to this news since it was no big deal when Hillary was doing it.
Or since some like myself said if she was guilty and prosecuted, so be it. But nice deflection. Any conservative who believed Hillary should be locked up for doing such things should be calling for Ivanka to be locked up.. Right?

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
People are either trying to justify what Clinton did or they don't really care and are just trying to score points. Some people clearly do not understand what Clinton did, or don't care:
  • Clinton hosted her own domain on her own servers in her own house
  • Clinton transmitted classified information, up to and including top secret
  • Clinton deleted emails that were subject to a subpoena and destroyed the devices they were stored on
  • Clinton concealed the existence of her email domain from the rest of the Government
  • Clinton frequently accessed her domain whilst visiting adversaries, which also recorded logins from places Clinton was not in at the time of those logins
  • Clinton provided false information numerous times when being publicly questioned.
From the article, Ivanka Trump (improperly) used her Gmail account before she was assigned a White House email. She potentially violated the Federal Records Act, for which there are only civil penalties, although no emails were deleted and the archive was eventually transferred for record-keeping purposes. There would be no avenue to "lock her up" even if she did break this law.

Vanilla Ice

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
Los Angeles
Or since some like myself said if she was guilty and prosecuted, so be it. But nice deflection. Any conservative who believed Hillary should be locked up for doing such things should be calling for Ivanka to be locked up.. Right?
Hillary is guilty and Comey over stepped his position and call for no further attention from his friends in the DoJ. Come on. It’s Hillary. We cannot see her in an orange jump suit. That would just be too unethical and cruel.
[doublepost=1542676660][/doublepost]
Who’s y’all. I called Clinton out on it and I’m gonna call Ivanka out on it. Bad behavior is bad behavior.
Just let it go. It’s Ivanka. She’s also too good for any charges.... Politics.
[doublepost=1542676849][/doublepost]
You've missed the point entirely. The reaction is about the double standard.
Let’s wait and see what secret, top secret and confidential emails she sent out. Then we’ll know if she even compares to Hillary and her problems.

Last edited:

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009
People are either trying to justify what Clinton did or they don't really care and are just trying to score points. Some people clearly do not understand what Clinton did, or don't care:
  • Clinton deleted emails that were subject to a subpoena and destroyed the devices they were stored on
  • Clinton concealed the existence of her email domain from the rest of the Government
  • Clinton frequently accessed her domain whilst visiting adversaries, which also recorded logins from places Clinton was not in at the time of those logins
  • Clinton provided false information numerous times when being publicly questioned.
From the article, Ivanka Trump (improperly) used her Gmail account before she was assigned a White House email. She potentially violated the Federal Records Act, for which there are only civil penalties, although no emails were deleted and the archive was eventually transferred for record-keeping purposes. There would be no avenue to "lock her up" even if she did break this law.
And I'm sure all the people who chant "lock her up" at Trump rallies have done due diligence to research this issue and weren't just maddeningly screaming for the hell of it to show disdain for Clinton.

The bottom line, after the campaign Trump ran, you would expect this to be the last of the issues in his admin.

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2013
Hillary is guilty and Comey over stepped his position and call for no further attention from his friends in the DoJ. Come on. It’s Hillary. We cannot see her in an orange jump suit. That would just be too unethical and cruel.

I’m not saying Ivanka should be charged nor am I saying what she did was as bad as Hillary. I’m simply saying she shouldn’t have done it and it would be hypocritical to give her a pass. Criticizing her is fair game.

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
No, I feel y’all shouldn’t even react to this news since it was no big deal when Hillary was doing it.
D'oh! :eek: I thought the opposite. I thought we were supposed to act EXACTLY the way posters like you did when Clinton was accused of the same thing.

LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! :rolleyes:
[doublepost=1542678429][/doublepost]
I’m with you then. Since you’re more level headed about this.
:rolleyes: Pffft! Like people were level headed with Clinton's emails.

Vanilla Ice

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
Los Angeles
D'oh! :eek: I thought the opposite. I thought we were supposed to act EXACTLY the way posters like you did when Clinton was accused of the same thing.

LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! :rolleyes:
[doublepost=1542678429][/doublepost]
:rolleyes: Pffft! Like people were level headed with Clinton's emails.
In this case, it doesn’t come close to what Hillary did. Sorry. And I never said lock her up.

Reactions: ucfgrad93

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
We understand everything just fine. It's called snark. Also hypocrisy regardless of how much or little a resemblance

john123

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2001

[doublepost=1542676849][/doublepost]

Let’s wait and see what secret, top secret and confidential emails she sent out. Then we’ll know if she even compares to Hillary and her problems.
Do you care about the law, or do you care about your partisan politics? Obviously it's the latter because the ethics rules are quite clear.

The hypocrisy and machinations you people have to go through to live with your cognitive dissonance is just mind-boggling.