Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StokeLee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Stoke-on-Trent. Midlands, UK
Ive just had a birthday, and ive got £200 pounds to spend.(and prob some of my own money)
ive got an iMac g5 2ghz 160gig hd, superdrive, 1 gig ram, eyetv 410, external 160 gb hard drive, wireless keyboard and mouse,

What should i buy??? what bit of kit should i get? It doesnt matter if its a specific bit of kit, tell me. Im in need of ideas, and this money is better spent on my imac than sitting in my bank

StokeLee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2005
I did think of that,, and while it is prob a good investment, i cant play with it here at home , lol

LEt me just add a little bit more, im off work work for another 6 weeks with a broken ankle, thats a lot time on my iMac

StokeLee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2005
well
ive always been into web design,, just some personal projects, and would lvoe my own personalised graphics, so mnaybe,, a tablet, to draw my own straight lines, lol

any tablet suggestions?

and what else???/ could be programs,, or other stuff, like ive got a AV receiver, and tis going to be connected up to that,, so radio, DAb etc,,

whose got the DADDY set up out there??

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Happy birthday!

Do you have an iPod? If not, how about a nice iPod mini with a pair of KOSS PortaPro headphones (you can probably get them cheaper than here). I cannot live without my iPod mini... ;)
When you have a 30GB iPod photo the mini is a bit redundant i guess.

I just suggested some tablets in my previous post! Wacom is the way to go for a graphics tablet.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
James Philp said:
When you have a 30GB iPod photo the mini is a bit redundant i guess.
There you have it... I just read his list of gadgets in the original post, and didn't even see the sig... My brain automatically filters out those "lists of what I got"-sigs, but actually here it would have made some sense to read that... :p

But I still recommend the iPod mini/KOSS headphones instead of/to complement the iPod photo. The minis are much smaller than the regulars and photos, feels so much better and doesn't scratch on the back... But had I seen the sig I might have suggested a shuffle instead, for when the photo is just too big to carry... ;)

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
With that eyetv 410, you could always get more drive space. I could fill up plenty if I was home for 6 weeks.

A nice Wacom would also be nice, like others have said.

Any software you've been eyeing up?

What kind of audio kit do you have for your Mac?

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Do you have a digital camera? If not and you can add a bit more of your own money in then you could get a basic graphics tablet and a camera... this then ties in rather nicely with your ipod photo and your mac + photoshop etc!

I've got the first one of those wacom ones suggested above, which although I haven't used all that much seems great for a beginner anyway and pretty well priced.

oh and happy birthday!

Mustafa

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
Shenfield, Essex, UK
How about.....

...... an AirPort Express? If you have a hifi set up in another room, it's nice to be able to play your music wirelessly.

And how about two for your £200 (with change)? I've just put a second one in my garage so I can now use my PB in the summerhouse or on the terrace!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.