I've completed 2 of my 3 new years resolutions for my mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joedavis34, Jan 8, 2009.

1. joedavis34 macrumors regular

1. Sync Google Cal with my iCal
    2. Sync my contacts between Google and Address Book

Next up: cleaning up my iTunes library!

I need to add album artwork and correct artists/albums.

Any suggestions?

2. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Either do it through iTunes "Get Album Artwork" or, like I do on an occasion, open another browser window to Amazon.com and look up the CD. When you find it, open that one up to a larger image, copy and paste it to the info screen for the Album. Good for the obscure CD's I imported.

3. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

I suggest correcting artists/albums first, because if these are correct, then Advanced > Get Album Artwork might find some more missing artwork. For the rest, I typically just Google images with the artist & album name, then drag correct images to iTunes, but have also heard there is an app to find artwork. Also, for correcting artists/albums, remember that you can highlight several songs together, right-click, and fix the common attributes for multiple songs at once (works for artwork to, so you can drag once to designate an image for all songs on an album).

4. osin macrumors 6502

First 2 were easy, with your 3rd resolution it can take much longer - it depends how big is your library. What I do is whenever I'm listening my iTunes I rate every song with stars. After some time I sort and delete every song with one star (*)

5. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

I *just* finished doing this... wasn't a resolution or anything just wanted to get it down cuz I'm OCD about it.

What I did for the album artwork was select all my songs and erase the album artwork and then did get album artwork from iTunes. And for the rest I would just search the song in iTunes to make sure artist/album was right and then right click and get album artwork but that sometimes didn't work so I went to albumartexchange.com. Great site. Also used wiki a lot. I'm soooo glad I'm done. Good luck! :D