I've figured out the best way to manage girls on my iPhone.

FooArk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
Took me a while but Ive got it now.

When adding their contact, I put a heart emoticon before their name. This groups them all at the bottom of my contact list (ironic, i know). This way I can easily "sort" them and scroll through who I want to contact. Now they aren't lost in my other contacts throughout my iPhone and are now easily findable.

:apple:

aliensarecool

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2012
Wirelessly posted

Genius. Some of them I have to change slightly to sound boy-ish. Ifyouknowwhatimean

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Brilliant. I sprinkle them in so they aren't easily findable. All depends on your "situation". :cool:

GeorgieAcevedo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
New York City
I just save other girls numbers under their last name only. Like that if a girl is calling me at 12 at night & my girlfriend sees the call it'll just say Lopez she won't know a girl is calling.

b24pgg

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2009
CA
I think girls are visiting this thread and thumbs down everyone's post.
Add this filter to AdBlock Plus to remove the post rating garbage:

Code:
forums.macrumors.com##SPAN[id*="post_rate_"]
Problem solved.

----------

Used to do that. But had too many moms saved. Got confused.
It was a joke...although not a very good one apparently lol. I was implying that the only female in my phonebook was my mom.

GeorgieAcevedo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
New York City
Add this filter to AdBlock Plus to remove the post rating garbage:

Code:
forums.macrumors.com##SPAN[id*="post_rate_"]
Problem solved.

----------

It was a joke...although not a very good one apparently lol. I was implying that the only female in my phonebook was my mom.
I felt like Adblock made the iPad 3 safari slow when I installed couple days ago. So I uninstalled it.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Took me a while but Ive got it now.

When adding their contact, I put a heart emoticon before their name. This groups them all at the bottom of my contact list (ironic, i know). This way I can easily "sort" them and scroll through who I want to contact. Now they aren't lost in my other contacts throughout my iPhone and are now easily findable.

:apple:
Ah, so you can easily find your many, um...? :eek:

Rajani Isa

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2010
Rogue Valley, Oregon
If you're using icloud, you login online and click on contacts. At the bottom, click the + icon and start adding new groups. I've setup groups for personal, business, etc..
I just wish there was an easy way to do it from the phone. IIRC, when you try icloud.com on iOS, it gives you the "use a desktop" bit.

Xanderhoff

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2010
A friend who I know makes up boy names for the girls he meets so there's no questions asked when they call at inopportune times.

Also, I believe this thread has been nominated for the Hall of Fame section. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.