I've got a long layover in Osaka, anybody know of stuff to do?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mrkramer, May 13, 2013.

1. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

So the title says the main thing, I'm in southeast Asia at the moment and while looking at my flight itinerary for the return trip I saw that I have a 9 and a half hour layover in Osaka, from 7 in the morning until 4:35 PM. I know we have people from all over on here and probably some who have travelled through there. Anyway, I was wondering is that enough time to go out of the airport and actually see something, and if so what is worth seeing around there?
    And if it makes a difference for the amount of time I'm continuing on to San Francisco, I know that sometimes there is extra security for flights to the US so I don't know if that would make much difference in the time I have.

2. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Eat some fugu, they have some great fugu restaurants there and some good takoyaki.

3. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Darn, you got there before me.

OP...don't worry, they hardly ever make mistakes removing the poisonous bits

Hardly ever...:p

4. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I was a little worried the first time, but even if you get some of the poison you should be okay if they get you to the hospital on time, the OP will have to catch a later flight though.

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Operative phrase...:eek:

6. mrkramer thread starter macrumors 603

mrkramer

Well after Google told me what that was I think I'll pass, mostly since I'm vegetarian, but partly because of the poison too...