Ive leading a “significant” design overhaul for OS X 10.10

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Sky Blue, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Not a surprise after iOS overhaul last year, but mark Gurman has the following:

http://9to5mac.com/2014/04/07/everything-to-know-about-ios-8-and-os-x-10-10-roundup-new-details/
    sounds good :)

Looking forward to June.

2. Cardsnk macrumors regular

I hope they can incorporate better usability/stability on performance with retina macbook pros. "Graphics processing" is stated. Lag is prominent with these machines especially on graphic intensive apps, not really sure if the problem is hardware related or software related.

3. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

If its less buggy than ole mavericks and faster definitely sampling. I just hope ive doesnt take all the eye candy like drop shadows away. Also, i can already forsee customization being gone. No icons being changed no dock hacks, no menubar changes. We will see.

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Nothing like the run up to WWDC for some good Apple rumours. Makes it more fun :)

5. hugo525 macrumors newbie

My heart sank when I read the news, it's gonna be a disaster like the iOS 7 design. Ive Johnathon is a great at industrial design, he and Jobs corrects each other's errors. And now Jobs is gone, he just sucks at UI interaction design.

6. danny_w macrumors 601

Ive should keep his dirty little mits out of software design! He is a genius hardware designer but so far a huge disaster at software. Apple, if you're listening (fat chance), get him out of software before it is too late!

7. chabig macrumors 68040

What's wrong with iOS 7?

8. Kariya macrumors 68000

Kariya

My thoughts exactly

9. epic-retouching macrumors member

I like iOS7. I think there was just initial hate because it was awesome and you know that attitude always try to bring down the best to make yourself feel higher. Complainers will always have the loudest voice really. Wouldn't be surprised if 99% of those complainers are just Apple haters trolling so their religious brand gets more sales and somehow makes themselves feel higher even though they are not in any way connected to the brand.

10. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

Oh that poor dead horse...

11. hugo525 macrumors newbie

I've been a loyal Apple user for 8 years and I owned most of the Apple products and I am still owning the late 2013 15' rMBP, iPad 4 and iPhone 5s. Don't just make assumptions.

I just don't like the flat UI, and I still using iOS 6 on my iPad 4

12. danny_w macrumors 601

Ditto. I have been with them since the original Mac Mini in Jan 2005 and still own a 2012 mini, iPhone 4, iPad 2, ATV2, and ATV3. I just don't like the newer designs and feel that Apple has completely lost its way. Sad.

13. jffluis macrumors regular

jffluis

As as Retina MacBook Pro owner I hope this too...:rolleyes:

14. epic-retouching macrumors member

I said 99% ;) You are clearly one of the 1% people.

15. photosmike macrumors member

Fore Warned is Good

I appreciate the warning. I usually adopt new versions of software as soon as they are available. For old eyes, IOS7 made my iPad difficult to read. I will hold back on OS X 10.10 and read the reviews ( and the complaints here).

16. interstella macrumors regular

interstella

It looks awful. It looked awful on release and it still does today. Does Apple have no colour except white? Open iBooks. If you have no books, all you see is white. Look at Pages, Numbers...everything is white, white, white. It looks horrible. You need sunglasses to look at IOS7. Add to that the thin, weedy looking fonts and you have the makings of a computer nightmare.

I just hope they don't turn OSX into some kind of IOS7 clone. The disaster that is Windows 8 (which made me change to OSX) convinced me that tablet and PC OS's should be completely separate entities.

17. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

I know for a fact that Jobs was myopic; I suspect Jony is as well. Otherwise, they never would have gone to war they way they have against people with presbyopia.

Seriously, iOS 7 is hard on the eyes for people with presbyopia, the distinct lack of contrast doesn't help. 7.1 with underlines is a step in the right direction but I'm still guessing at what I'm clicking on a good amount of the time.

18. poorcody macrumors 6502

poorcody

Agreed. Why he wants to make UI's look like an 80's-redux is beyond me. First time in the history of Apple that I thought they exhibited bad taste. Flat makes the UI less clean IMO. Bevels, shadows, etc. makes functionality and separation clearer. Flatness makes functionality less obvious and ironically the UI more cluttered because it takes time to dissect it.

19. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

20. beosound3200 macrumors 6502a

would glasses help?

or do they need to change the whole vision of ios because some people cant see?

maybe we should abandon the whole touch concept considering some people dont have arms... :)

in any way, they have always been 'strong' in the accessability department, they'll think of smth to help you see ios better, dont worry

----------

im constantly amazed to what length human differences can go...

to me, ios 7 is the most beautiful os ever. and thats mostly because of the blur effect. every time i use safari and see that blur effect on the top bar showing colors underneath i thank god for Ive.

but im myopic...

21. BaldiMac, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014

BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Only in these forums can a preponderance of black on white be considered a "distinct lack of contrast". Kind of like all the complaining about pastels in iOS 7, despite a lack of any significant use of pastels in iOS 7. :D

22. businezguy macrumors 6502

I love the looks of IOS7 so I'm looking forward to seeing how OS X will look at WWDC. A cleaner look will be welcomed. I just hope it doesn't ship with the bugs early IOS 7 had, and doesn't take away features like with iWorks.