I've Never Been So Mad: @Palin. You are Dead to me!/McCain/"terrorist","kill him" ...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bobber205, Oct 7, 2008.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

2. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

3. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

4. doctor pangloss macrumors regular

Is this an emotional meltdown?:confused:
    It's a bit early!:eek:

5. Frisco macrumors 68020

Palin is a racist and I wouldn't be surprised if Cain was too.

6. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I'm not seeing it. We should be mad at Palin because one of her idiot supporters said something idiotic?

7. hotzenplotz macrumors regular

I quiver when I hear her squeaky voice

Yes, we should be mad at Palin for throwing around gasoline (read lies) at those red hot redneck supporter.

8. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

What a ridiculous thread. It could have been anyone calling out anything at the rally. Heck all it would take is one Obama supporter to try the mischievous. There's plenty of things to berate Palin for without resorting to faux internet outrage.

9. hotzenplotz macrumors regular

10. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

No need to shut up. Just don't reduce yourselves to the level of gutter politics. There's plenty to debate intelligently.

11. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Both McCain and Palin are left to being fairly irresponsible in their rhetoric, in order to pan for votes. The "he's not like us" line is a spectacular example that is just outright "dangerous" like a malotov cocktail through an apartment window.

Even if unintentional... This isn't rocket science. This is gardening, and this type of campaign language is simply going to yield a bitter crop.

~ CB

12. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I'm under no illusions about the level of rhetoric from McCain's campaign.

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

There is a very legitimate question of whether, by trying to tie Obama in with domestic terrorism, Palin is endangering the safety of Obama, Ayers or both.

The fact that this totally fictitious "link" between Obama and domestic terrorism is inciting people to anger is, I think, dangerous ground to be treading on.

We all know Palin can't speak at times, but when she does speak, she needs to take responsibility for what she says. She can't just pop off these incendiary accusations and hope that nothing will happen. There are some awfully crazy people on the far right, and those are the people she's playing to.

14. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

this is what happens when you're losing. badly. so close to election time.

you do anything to try to win

15. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

If, God forbid, they won't give up on this BS and something happens to obama. Whether it's fatal, injury or just close call, John and Sarah will feel my wrath. :mad:

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

As noted, it's more about how they're framing their argument. Linking him to terrorists and terrorism, what do they expect people who already believe these types of things to do? At one rally they're yelling "terrorist", another they yell "kill 'em", and at another they yelled a racial epitaph at a reporter's crew member who's black, saying "sit down boy". This is dangerous ground they're walking. And while, yes, they do have the rights to free speech, there is also a responsibility to free speech to not defame someone and incite hatred against them. Especially if you're a public official. They're already open to liable, and even Fox has rejected some of these negative ads, but if anything did happen to Obama...

Apparently doctor pangloss seems to think we're the ones overreacting, but tell that to the Secret Service (no reason to worry about the first black Presidential candidate being threatened with "kill him" :rolleyes: no) and everyone who cares more about who will actually deal with the real problems facing us and don't care about some guy Obama knew who's now a Professor that has nothing to do with anything other than to try to tenuously relate him to terrorism.

17. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Palin and McCain are fanning the flames of race and anti-muslim sentiment. That is definitely a reason to dislike them. This thread is completely valid, IMO, and the point is a damn good one. After reading tht article and watching the videos, I wanted to vomit. These are the kinds of people with whom McCain and Palin are proud to associate? And we're just supposed to sit here and say "OK"? I don't think so.

18. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Besides, there's no more room in the gutter.

19. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

This is nothing new, and certainly nothing unique to McCain/Palin or this campaign. Didn't Adams claim Jefferson was going to destroy Christianity and replace it with prostitutes?

I've no problem calling a spade a spade, and I know a dishonest campaign when I see one. But I'm not about to saddle the McCain/Palin campaign with the responsibility of an incredibly stupid comment made by an incredibly stupid person. I'm not suggesting the comment not be taken seriously (I'm kind of shocked we haven't heard more death threats to be honest), or that McCain/Palin aren't running a hit campaign of the lowest order. But a connection between them and few malcontents is tenuous at best, and is certainly doing very little to raise the level of discourse.

20. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I have to respectfully disagree. The connection is there because McCain/Palin encourage these people with their actions. If one wants to raise the level of discourse and wants respect, one doesn't play to the lowest common denominator to get votes.

21. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

It would seem that the far right doesn't have a monopoly on crazy.

22. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Nope. Never did.

23. Delta608 macrumors regular

Delta608

That sure is a heckava source ......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

24. Delta608 macrumors regular

Delta608

Yes...Yes...let the hate flow through you......

Attached Files:

25. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Don't like the source, huh? Then just watch the videos. The videos being on huffington post's website doesn't change what the people said. :rolleyes:

I agree with Lee and Thomas Veil on this. You can't stoke the flames and then claim no responsibility when the fire gets too hot.