I've only had the iPad for an hour but I can honestly say that "I get it now."

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mloffa, Mar 11, 2011.

1. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Before, the iPad seemed to be a toy to me.
    But now as I am typing this on the iPad and browsing the web with it, I get it.
    Web browsing doesnt even compare on the iPhone.

This is really really great.
    =D

2. mloffa thread starter macrumors 6502a

mloffa

How'd you guess?? ;)

But I have used them in the apple store but I never felt this amazed with it!!

3. iserian macrumors 6502

Did you honestly miss both of Steve's key notes. Does the word mag.... mean anything to you.

4. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

+1

Welcome to the get it club

5. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

I have yet to find a comfortable position in which I can type comfortable while sitting in bed.

Have you?

6. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

So now it's a toy that can browse the web? Still lost here :confused:

7. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

The iPad is not something you necessarily *need* but it sure is damn sweet.

I wanted to show the missus something (she's in living room) and i had to lug the laptop through. Bulky, heavy, slow, just not cool. I hate having to use a laptop since getting rid of my 1st iPad.

A fortnight today cant come fast enough. She is already fedup of me going on about iPad 2. It better not get put back like #1.

:rolleyes:

8. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

Just buy one, if you dont like it, return it. I can pretty much guarantee you will keep it :D

9. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

Tested with a dev iPad for 2 months last October/November. Had to go out of my way to use it with my current workflows, and even at the house. Honestly, the only thing I was impressed with was probably the battery life and screen/cool factor. Not knocking you for liking it - I just personally don't have a use for one.

10. thesmoth macrumors 6502

Don't worry, the novelty will wear off shortly and you'll realize it's just a toy.

11. lrowland macrumors newbie

I am defintely not a rapid Apple fanboy (I do windows work mostly) but I can say I agree 100%! I've been using the iPad for work since it came out last year (email, meeting notes, Logmein/Gotomypc, Programming reference books, etc.) and I can say in the 1.5 hours I been working with it so far, the new one is much much faster in every aspect I have tried.

I was annoyed the resolution did not change but it looks like the boost in speed and memory will make up for it.

Another note for those who asked, it is not any lighter weight-wise but the thinness does seem to make it a bit easier to carry. Of course, I'd never use it with some kind of wrap-around case (Dodocase for me).

Thanks,
    Larry

12. JorgeG macrumors newbie

13. lrowland, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

lrowland macrumors newbie

Maybe for you but not for everyone. The iPad goes to every meeting with me and has really improved my productivity at work. Most laptops/netbooks could not do the same thing as the iPad for me since I need it to come on instantly, be extremely portable, and last all day on the battery. A 1-2 lb laptop/netbook that does this either does not exist or is incredibly expensive.

Thanks,
    Larry