Ive searched, Ive read, but Im asking again: how to get on with Tmobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VoodooDaddy, Feb 22, 2008.

1. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Currently have a Tmobile contract but getting an iPhone today. Was completely planning on just setting it up with ATT and stay on with Tmo until contract is up in a few months.

But this ziphone sounds so easy to use. What is the process? Do you have to downgrade the phone to 1.1.1 first or just open ziphone and select jailbrake, active, and unlock and thats it?

2. Knolly macrumors 6502a

Just open it up and hit unlock, activate, and jailbreak. Done.

3. yayaba macrumors 6502

Be warned that once you unlock you need to keep yourself in the loop on future updates and what you can do to get those features or how to relock your phone once you get on AT&T. Just make sure to look around before hitting the Update button in iTunes in the future :)

4. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

And to remided you there is a separate iPhone Forum for hacking and hacking questions.

5. VoodooDaddy thread starter macrumors 65816

Well we just went ahead and did it the legitimate way. Were already resigned to the fact we were going to ATT in a cpl months anyway when the Tmo contract is up. My biggest concern in doing the ziphone thing was what happened with future updates. I know Apple typically kills any unlocking/jailbreaking, I didnt want to have to keep 1 update behind all the time until the hacking community figured out what to do.

So, ATT just gained a new account and we are locked in for 2 years :rolleyes: