I've seen plenty of keyboards covers but...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ThirtyThr33, Aug 5, 2011.

1. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

Has anybody ever seen/heard of a keyboard cover that actually has letters printed on the cover aligning perfectly with the letters on the keybaord? Seems most keyboard cover letters are slightly off center.

I'm not sure why it's such a problem, seems like it'd be an easy product to make.

2. Adamantoise macrumors 6502a

Why would a keyboard cover have letters printed over it in the first place?

What happened to just making the damn thing transparent?

3. randomrazr macrumors 65816

silicone keyboards are garbage

the one i reocmend and have used for 9 months now is the moshi clearguard keyboard cover. its made of plastic rather than silicone so its thinner, lets the backlught shine through and fairly easy to get use to (mighht take longer for you since u always typed the keyboard "naked" LOL

anyways i made a video on it. its not the best video to show but it does show yo it keeps the keys on the macbook pro look brand new from day one. plus it will save ur keyboard if u ever accidentally spill something

hope this helps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0qMIseRlR8

4. zwodubber macrumors 6502a

mine seems fine, although I haven't put it under a microscope. it's just a protector.

[​IMG]

5. ThirtyThr33 thread starter macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

It usually only matters on MBPs or MBAs as the backlight from the keyboard letters are misaligned with the letters on the keyboard cover making a 3D effect.

Ps. I don't like how moshi clear guards look :/

6. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

I subbed by the way haha
    pretty good stuff on the macbook pro videos

anyways would you recommend the Moshi or iSkin keyboard protector?

7. randomrazr macrumors 65816

hhaha thanks!

no do not get iskin covers, they are amde of silicone and you WIL HATE THEM.,

i recomend moshi because theres are made of polyetherane (more of a plastic then rubber like silicone) so its thinner, more easy to type on, and lets the back light through nicely. Ive been using mine for like....since last september and my keys are still looking brand new!

i believe there 20 dollars? little expensive for a cover but they fit perfectly and work. will take a few days IMO to get use to but i think its well worth the investment

hope this helps!