iWeb 08! (AHHH!!!)

Tclare

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Hey

I am one of the many, who is having issues with the new suite of programs. :( Basically this is my problem:

I started a website in iWeb 06 and it had been going perfectly and was looking pretty swish. I installed iLife 08, and frantically checked my website. Nothing wrong, Phew! So I carried on working and everything was going nicely, until I published my site. You will be surprised to know that I didn't get a error, however when I went to check my website, I looked at one of the tables I had made and It was all messed up. To tell you the truth they weren't really tables, they were just lines organised to look like tables. :cool: Luckily as this is a project for school I have several other versions of the site published into folders and saved. So I took a screenshot of the new version and the old version to show you (See below). So my question to you guys is how do I make a proper table in iWeb? Or how can I get my website looking the way it should?

Thanks

Tclare

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I don't know the proper answer, but sure this will work as a work around, cant you just replace the table with a picture of the table.

Tclare

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
My god, your a genius dude!

That is the best answer I could have hoped for!

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
When it Rome?

When it Romes, it Poors.

Anyway, I have found LOTS of niggling problems with iWeb style sheets or code. That program is a frustrating mess. What I have to do is go back through with Dreamweaver and recode a lot of stuff to make it get even close to working. I suspect they made it for people who won't deviate from the most simple site design they made for people.

xUKHCx had a great idea. When it comes to inserting special stuff I would just go graphics all the way. Just watch out where you put the graphics because this program is absolutely NOT WYSIWYG.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
My god, your a genius dude!

That is the best answer I could have hoped for!
Woah calm down, that is the best response i've ever had especially considering my idea was a fudge :D. And the idea actually came to be because to post them in this thread you had to take screenshots of them.So you really had the start of the idea, i just took it to the next level.

Tclare

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Woah calm down, that is the best response i've ever had especially considering my idea was a fudge :D. And the idea actually came to be because to post them in this thread you had to take screenshots of them.So you really had the start of the idea, i just took it to the next level.
I know I was just so happy that I found a way around the solution. As I was getting kind of frustrated trying to think of a way around it. :confused:

That didn't sound like a good idea in the first place.

Yeh it wasn't but it looked perfectly ok, as you can see from my pictures.

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
If you go on the Apple help/support page for iWeb there is a lot of unhappy people there and some have come up with some good answers to a ton of issues relating to finding your files from iLife '06 and so on…
Good luck and I'm glad I haven't upgraded yet :cool: