iWeb - to make sure people can not download movies or music from the website!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by thagroove, Apr 27, 2010.

1. thagroove macrumors newbie

Hello there,

I have a question about iWeb:
    I have a website which contains own made music and videos and I don't want people to download it. If I click on it, I can easily download it to my hard disk.
    How can I change this without hiding the movie controller?

thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you put it on your website anyone can get it if they really want it. Use a low-resolution video or a fragment of the audio clip as a deterrent.

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

In iWeb can you not embed Youtube clips? Not only do they host the file, it is harder to download the actual file (I know it still is possible).

4. SailorTom macrumors regular

I doubt there is a simple way to do this. However, I made webpage hosting html5 video using the default controls. There is no obvious way to download the video from the webpage, but someone who knows what they're doing could easily download the video file, much like youtube.

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

You can get into movie streaming (i.e. the file is just pointing to a stream and your viewer only downloads at most 10 secs at a time), however, I haven't done any since the RealMedia days...

6. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

If media is available on the web, someone can get it. There is no way around it. If someone wants it, it will be theirs.