iworld.co.uk - another fraud site selling apple goods?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ishopukisfake, Sep 4, 2008.

1. ishopukisfake macrumors regular

Has anyone tried to buy any thing, or has anyone bought anything from iworld.co.uk - I think I've found another fraud site selling on line. Ordered an iphone cover a few weeks ago and I've had two updated e-mails saying the product is out of stock and will arrive soon. The first e-mail said the order will be processed on a certain date, then a day after another email apologizing and extending the processing.

Also saw a review site where someone said they ordered from them and didn't get the delivery because the delivery and payment address were different.

Would be interested in anyone comments from anyone who has made a purchase through iworld, so we can confirm if they are legit, or confirm they are another fraud site.

I've found posting sites addresses online in forums like this raises the awareness for anyone doing websearches to become aware of any dodgy sites. So if the name of the site is written it comes up high on the search engines to warn people in association with the site.

2. greedyboy macrumors newbie

Are you a retard of some sort mate?

iworld.co.uk are probably the largest website in UK selling iPod and iPhone accessories in the UK if not the world. They have about 20 other websites selling all sorts from accessories to home furniture.

Do a bit more research on the company before jumping to conclusions you stupid twat, just because something gets delayed does not mean the website is a fraud

They were number 44 in the tech track 100 companies turning over £6 million which is about $12 million and you think there gona bump for about £20??

http://www.fasttrack.co.uk/fasttrac...iteID=3&searchName=&yr=2007&sort=num&area1=99

Get real mate

3. ishopukisfake thread starter macrumors regular

If anyone on macrumors has tried to buy anything from iworld.co.uk I would be interested in any of your comments about your experiences. Here are some consistent negative review online about iworld.co.uk, and how they take money and don't send out the goods.

Review of iworld.co.uk by Jixoxo
    I had a very negative experience with iWorld. I ordered an iPod car transmitter from iWorld. I wanted it sent to my business address and paid for it by my credit card. iWorld emailed me and said they "regretably" had already processed my payment, but they did not want to send the product to my business address because it did not match my credit card address. SO THEY TOOK MY MONEY BUT REFUSED TO SEND ME MY PURCHASE! Clever, huh? This is fraud in my book. Why didn't they just hold on debiting my card and sort out where to send the product. I'd advise you not to buy from this company. Jim
    Ciao members have rated this review on average helpful

Review of iworld.co.uk by elturko3545
    I have ordered iphone case, paid £3.99 for standart delivery which states ( 2 to 5 working days ) This suited me fine. After 5 Working days , i called the customer services and they have told me to wait 14 Working days...(No apologies or sympathy ) I have waited 14 Working days, Nothing.. called customer Services again, Advisor has assured me that they will sent a new case immediatly with next day delivery as Gesture of goodwill... It has been 3 more Working Days since that day and Still NOTHING... I have started to belive that Iworld is one of the Dodgy website , home based company that is built for one purpose....To ROB YOU... So Deal with them at your OWN RISK....

Review of iworld.co.uk by LightoLight
    I have suspicions that iworld.co.uk is a fraud site. I placed an order a few weeks ago and the site said the product was in stock. I then recieved an email saying it was out of stock and a new order processing date was set. This date came and a few days later another email came saying it was still out of stock and a new date for sending out my order was stated. Its now two days after that date and no confirmation of the order being sent out. I have had experience recently with other fraud sites online relating to the ipod and iphone and this looks like another one. I will return to say if I have received any goods or not in the future.

Review of iworld.co.uk by pwootty
    I order some ipod speakers from iWorld for daughter birthday, these were displayed in stock, I spoke to the customer services desk as there was some discrepancy with my credit card, this was sorted out and she advised me that the speaker would be dispatched that day. I checked 3 days later to find out the speakers were NOT in stock! I immediately cancelled my order. Just check therir website and they are still showing "in stock" Avoid this company as they cannot be trusted.

4. greedyboy macrumors newbie

So you find 5 bad reviews on a company that sells millions of items per year, WOW.

Try searhing for bad reviews for a company say like, Dixons, PC World, Argos or ever APPLE yes APPLE etc, you will be sure to find MANY bad reviews on them, so does that mean they are all a fraud?

NO! EVERY business will have bad reviews about them no matter what as you cant keep everyone happy.

Please grow up and use some commen sense.

Do yourself a favour and stop buying from online companies and stick to buying from retail shops as you seem to be having alot of problems with nearly every company you buy from!

And yes, i have ordered from iworld.co.uk many times never have i had a problem with them.

5. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

I have also ordered with no probs but not for a while.

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Apple has what, thousands and thousands of bad reviews.... heck they even delete complaints off their own website.

Better not buy anything from them. :p

7. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

Lest we all forget, the OP did try to avoid buying from Apple which is what has led to the OP's ineffectual crusade.

OP, take greedyboy's advice and stop buying online as you are clearly not going to be pleased with you experience.

8. ishopukisfake thread starter macrumors regular

I've bought many things from the apple site and never had a problem, always delivered within a few days - long history with amazon, and their delivery was even better, often next day.

There is no way apple would get away with taking money from customers and not sending out goods. Their reputation would also be in tatters if 50% of reviewers on their site did not get the goods sent out and thus had suspicions about their legitimacy.

9. ahcl20 macrumors member

About a month ago I ordered the Switcheasy Capsule Rebel from Iworld.co.uk. Although on their site it said the item was in stock, they didn't actually have it.

It took me 2 extra calls to chase them for the refund, but I thought overall the experience was satisfactory. I had the feeling that the store was run by a very small number of people.

10. cristo macrumors regular

Have you any proof that this actually happened? You're basing this off of one opinion on a website: it's more likely that that person didn't understand what was going on, and that perhaps the goods had already been shipped to his home address when he wanted the address changed. It is not uncommon for companies to only ship to credit card billing addresses.

11. ivan123 macrumors member

ivan123

Most reputable companies don't take your money if they aren't going to send anything

12. ahcl20 macrumors member

I think reputable companies will charge u money if they believe they can fulfill your order.

To the thread starter - have you called up Iworld? Did you ask for a refund? Coz I think the problem you had is extremely similar to my previous problem. They were easily contactable by phone.

13. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

I've ordered a couple of items over the years from them: cases, cables and even speakers (which were actually free thanks to some promotion) and I've never had any issues with them.

They are most definitely not fake. Prices used to be better though!