Jack Wu, Kansas Board Of Education Candidate, Calls Evolution 'Satanic Lies'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Jun 27, 2012.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Umm...wow.

WTF is wrong with these idiots? Since when did science become a religion? Seriously, this kind of crap makes me want to go on a killing spree. These people are ****ing morons. Abject stupidity should be against the law.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/26/westboro-jack-wu_n_1628006.html

2. samiwas macrumors 65816

I think all this stuff you're starting to see (well, have been seeing) from the right-wing and religious nut bags is nothing more than a dick-waving attention grab. Each one tries to outdo the last one to prove he's an inch longer.

3. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Westboro Baptist Church ties? How the hell was he elected?

4. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

He wasn't elected. He's running for the seat.

5. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

LOL I was going to say something about Westboro Baptist Church, but that sums it up.

6. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

My worry is he will use those ties to get access to some how deeper pockets and just slam what is normally a low budget race.

7. Queso macrumors G4

Satanic lies? Could he actually show himself up as any more ridiculous? That's the sort of statement you get from Robert Mugabe :D

8. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Ah, for some reason I read it as "member" rather than "candidate" It was early. :p

But yeah, there's no way he'll win so this is just a good chance to point and laugh at the WBC.

9. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Chances are he won't win, but with an attitude like "there's no way" is exactly how someone like that gets elected. People don't bother voting because they think there is no way the other guy will win.

10. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

We're talking about Kansas. Anything could happen. ;)

11. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

But if evolution is true why are there still monkeys? :confused:

Let's see if anyone's sarcasm detectors are broken!

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Simian lies.

13. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Of course there are still monkeys. Somebody has to be watching reality TV.

Ba-dum-CHEE!

14. Jb07 macrumors 6502

I stopped reading after "Westboro Baptist Church."
    But seriously, why do these people believe science and religion can't coexist?

15. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

You might laugh but I don't think you quite realize how backwards America is.

Six states currently ban atheists from holding public office (Maryland, Arkansas, Mississippi, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas). That's right failing to believe in the adult version of Santa Claus and fairy tales is considered a trait which makes you ineligible for public office.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimination_against_atheists

I am well aware that these states would have a very hard time upholding any ban against atheists taking public office. The point is that the law is still on the books.

----------

Because science and religion cannot really co-exist.

Science is practice of exploring and seeking to understand of the fundamental nature of the universe.

Religion is the act of proclaiming a knowledge of the universe beyond what is truly possessed.

If you're referring to religion as in "philosophy" then yes they can co-exist. As a discussion on the nature of morality religions are somewhat "acceptable" but there is no requirement for the "supernatural" within these discussions. In fact invoking the supernatural simply renders any argument into meaningless drivel.

16. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

I posted this article because it was relevant to what's going on right now. There are schools using texts that deny science in favor of religion in this country. That should be alarming to anyone with half a brain.

17. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Examples of evolution are also being removed from South Korea's high school textbooks.

http://www.nature.com/news/south-korea-surrenders-to-creationist-demands-1.10773

The thing about having half a brain is that many people do not. Recognizing this fact politicians have become champions of ignorance. They glorify ignorance because in doing so they garner the votes of the ignorant.

see : "I don't understand why scientists are the ones who interpret all this science, what is it about spending 15 years in school that gives them that right over me".

What I find depressing is that I don't believe people lack the capability to possess half a brain. But if you demonize education and intelligence many people won't seek to better themselves after all it's "snobby" (in the words of Rick Santorum).

18. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Did you ever wonder how they talk among themselves about dinosaurs, evolutionary evidence and such? Went for a googol

You wouldn't even believe what these guys talk about. Any time you need a self-esteem boost, hit it up :D
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers/topic/dinosaurs

[​IMG]

They're good with the Photoshop too^

19. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I think a better metaphor would be bat-****. They're trying to see whose is piled higher.

Anyway, this certainly gives a new answer to the question "What's the Matter with Kansas?"

I wonder if this guy believes that his state's history includes a little girl whose house got picked up in a cyclone and carried to a land of witches, wizards and little people. ;)

20. Andeavor macrumors 6502

Am I the only one who's bothered by the fact he calls evolution a religious view? At least that's what he implies.

Evolution is an ever-questioning scientific theory, which only in part explains how we came to be. There was no invisible man with a grey beard making people out of dirt.

Get your facts straight before you run for any office.

21. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Mitt Romney is a Mormon, need I say more?

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Oh, nowadays religion is "science" (creationism).

And science (evolution) is a religion.

So says the GOP-run Ministry of Truth.

23. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

I'm not sure what's more depressing. The fact that this moron is saying this ******** or that there will be others who believe it.

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Hes running, call me when he wins. Also Kansas doesnt do that bad nationally in education. Kansas standardized ACT scores are higher than the national average, something that cant be said for Illinois.

25. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

You can say Bat Guano here. lol

Attached Files: