Jackson getting replaced by Tubman on $20 bill

ericgtr12

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 19, 2015
Good move IMO. One led Indians to their deaths, the other led slaves to their freedom. A worthy replacement.

From Politico
Treasury Secretary Jack Lew on Wednesday will announce plans to both keep Alexander Hamilton on the front of the $10 bill and to knock Andrew Jackson off the front of the $20 in favor of Harriet Tubman, sources tell POLITICO.

Lew is expected to roll out a set of changes that also include putting leaders of the women’s suffrage movement on the back of the $10 bill, and incorporating civil rights era leaders and other important moments in American history into the $5 bill.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
The amount of people who have crossed my Twitter timeline who say they won't use money with a n***** on it is scary. Must be Trump's base.
What's the over/under on these people being the same who said they would never live in the USA if there was a Black President?

BL.

ericgtr12

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 19, 2015
The amount of people who have crossed my Twitter timeline who say they won't use money with a n***** on it is scary. Must be Trump's base.
Yep, nothing brings out the racism in someone like a social media account under an unaccountable name.

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
Can't wait to watch the Trumpdumpers figure out ways to be against this without coming off as racist. Then again, the right is pretty open with their racism these days so no need to attempt to hide it.

Reactions: steve knight

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
but why are they on your timeline? :p
It's called a re-tweet.
[doublepost=1461186881][/doublepost]
Can't wait to watch the Trumpdumpers figure out ways to be against this without coming off as racist. Then again, the right is pretty open with their racism these days so no need to attempt to hide it.
It will be about disrespecting Andrew Jackson's memory. They're all boning up on his Wikipedia page and making a few select edits, I'm sure.

Renzatic

Suspended
Anything for them feel-good feels.
Eh, doesn't bother me at all. Tubman would make for a better $20 anyway, since Jackson does have a few huge black marks against him that makes him a little hard to stomach from a historical perspective.

Though after looking him up on the internet, I think it's funny seeing how little things have changed in the US politically over the last 200 odd years.

haxrnick

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2011
Seattle
Though after looking him up on the internet, I think it's funny seeing how little things have changed in the US politically over the last 200 odd years.
And regardless of how people vote will continue to be that way for the next 200 as well.

Listen I'm glad that women can now say they're on the $20. Wonderful. It in no way changes anything I do day in and day out. I just question changing things for the sake of change and making people feel better.

Reactions: AleXXXa

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
And regardless of how people vote will continue to be that way for the next 200 as well.

Listen I'm glad that women can now say they're on the $20. Wonderful. It in no way changes anything I do day in and day out. I just question changing things for the sake of change and making people feel better.
Jackson on the $20 note is a bit like the Cambodians having Pol Pot on theirs or the Russians having Stalin.