Jackson Jury Reaches Verdict

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Guilty but on which counts, serving alcohol to minors and molestation is my guess. Funny how he didnt like the girls,,,,,,,,,,,to much time in Kalifornia i guess.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Bubbles the Chimp may soon have more freedom than Michael Jackson, should be an interesting hour. :p

Edit: he's still at home, what are the chances he is calling Al Cowlings to give him a ride in his white Bronco?

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
mactastic said:
Link'd

Results at 1:30pm Pacific Time.... Stay tuned.
He really should do time on one or other counts, but if OJ could get away with it then anything could happen in the next half-hour....

Incidentally, kudos to a man who quotes Subdivisions in his sig... :D

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
this one can go either way, i don't think he's going to make it on time, but i think the judge will postpone the verdict

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
mischief said:
My guess is that CNN will want some delay for editing.
Left late...

Still 10 minutes away along with the 5 minutes to walk through security and settle down in the courtroom.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
WinterMute said:
He really should do time on one or other counts, but if OJ could get away with it then anything could happen in the next half-hour....
I haven't been paying nearly as much attention to this trial as I did to the OJ trial - but I just hope MJ isn't convicted simply because he's some wacked-out freak, but because he actually did something. From what I can tell, it's been a lot of circumstantial evidence from questionable sources.

Maybe I should have watched E!'s re-enactments...

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
The delay was the Jackson family getting Tito into makeup to serve Michael's sentence.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
MacNut said:
The delay was the Jackson family getting Tito into makeup to serve Michael's sentence.
lol lol

he's going to kill himself if found guilty... maybe even if acquitted... MJ is no more, no matter what happens here. out of money, out of friends, out of power.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Even if Jacko isn't a molester he still isn't normal and should not be allowed to roam free.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
MacNut said:
Even if Jacko isn't a molester he still isn't normal and should not be allowed to roam free.
Not being "normal" shouldn't be a criteria for incarceration. If he didn't do anything illegal, he should be free to go.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
MacNut said:
Lets just hope he doesn't pull an OJ.
Agreed. We don't need the guilty going free.

Or do you mean that if he's freed, he'll promise to spend his life tracking down the real molester of those children?

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
emw said:
Not being "normal" shouldn't be a criteria for incarceration. If he didn't do anything illegal, he should be free to go.
But he already admitted giving alcohol to a minor, that could carry a sentence in it's own right.

He's finished either way, guilty or not, we've seen the last of Micheal Jackson.

It's a tragic tale, he's such a talented.... freak.

I'm not a fan, I prefer Alien Ant Farm's Smooth Criminal, I just think that Bashir's documentary put the tin hat on it.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
WinterMute said:
He's finished either way, guilty or not, we've seen the last of Micheal Jackson.
Until this trial started, I thought we'd already seen the last of Michael Jackson.

I didn't realize he'd admitted to providing alcohol to minors - doesn't cast a great light on the rest of the case, I suppose.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
emw said:
Until this trial started, I thought we'd already seen the last of Michael Jackson.

I didn't realize he'd admitted to providing alcohol to minors - doesn't cast a great light on the rest of the case, I suppose.
OK, I've just been backtracking on the beeb, he's not admitted it, but it was added to the list of charges after testimony and some pressure from the prosecution. Legal thinking is he probably won't get sent down on that charge alone, even if found guilty.

It's the conspiracy charge that could really hurt him.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Millionaires almost never ever do the time. We know Michael has had a habit................Lawyers bite. Michael is now broke but free. Was justice served? Our sytem is about the Rich not justice. If this was a regular dude he would be in for years. Our whole sytem of government has turned into a Clustermess due to Lawyers and $$$