Jaguar Dev Tools

TheFoolOne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
Montreal, Canada
I just got one of the new PowerMac, but I can't find the Dev Tools CD. Apple have yet to post the new Dev Tools on their web site. CodeWarrior can't debug without gdb and the old april beta doesn't work on Jaguar.

Does anyone know when they will be released?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Re: Jaguar Dev Tools

Originally posted by TheFoolOne
I just got one of the new PowerMac, but I can't find the Dev Tools CD. Apple have yet to post the new Dev Tools on their web site. CodeWarrior can't debug without gdb and the old april beta doesn't work on Jaguar.

Does anyone know when they will be released?
They came with the retail box Jaguar. In the past, they have not come bundled with Macs.

I guess we'll see if they post 'em soon.

arn

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
On the machines I have seen lately, there is a folder called Installers in the Applications folder that included the Developer Tools.. On really new machines, I guess that wouldn't be the case unless Jaguar was preinstalled.

eskilling

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2002
Brushed metal apps

I was reading the updated human interface guidelines (page 72-73) and it is now possible to create brushed metal apps. In the new developer tools Project Builder has access to NSTexturedBackgroundWindowMask for cocoa apps and MacWindows.h for carbon apps. cool! :)

kungfu

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2002
yeah all you have to do to make the brushed metal look is to click the checkbox "use textured window" in interface builder... i was playing around with it yesterday...

kungfu