Jailbreak and unlock iphone 4 on OS 4.1 (8B117) 02.10.04

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rajat007, Jun 10, 2011.

1. rajat007 macrumors newbie

i purchased an iphone 4 last year during the launch from the att store in US. Later upgraded to ver 4.1 (8B117) modem firmware 02.10.04

4 months before I had to move out of US due to job reasons and so paid the penality for contract breakage. Since then the phone is lying idle as i am unable to unlock it.

Could you please let me know with the following answers

1. If i upgrade to 4.3.3 what would be my new modem firmware be?

2. If i upgrade to new firmware xx.yy.zz of 4.3.3 version of OS, will i be able to jailbreak and unlock it?

3. If, i am not upgrading the OS to 4.3.3 and remain on 4.1 (02.10.04), how do i jail break and unlock it? Can you please provide some links for this.

Appriciate your help.

2. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

If you upgrade to 4.3.3 the baseband will be on 4.10.01. Unfortunately, there is no other unlock for the iPhone 4 besides on the 1.59.00 baseband. You can however, jailbreak any firmware without hassle.

You can't downgrade the baseband so your only option is to unlock with a Gevey sim imposer. They work great and you can get them fairly cheap on eBay.

3. rajat007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply ylerT.

Unfortunately, i no longer stay in US and hence will not be able to accept courier for Gevey sim imposer technique.

Is there any other software based technique to unlock OS 4.1 (8B117) 02.10.04.

Awaiting your reply.

4. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

Unfortunately, no there is no unlock for that baseband. I believe there are some online sites that ship Gevey's outside of the US as well.