Jailbreak problem!

AppleWolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
Please HELP! i have installed a malicious app from cydia and now cydia wont open and i cant delete this app thats giving me trouble. Cydia is saying dpkg was interrupted you must manually run dpkg to correct the problem. What should i do?

AppleWolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
Still doesnt work. I go to safe mod and cydia still says the same thing and it doesnt open anything so i cant delete any package :/

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
What app were you installing?
Do you have openssh installed to try to remove it by using that? Or manually installing the package like its telling you to do.
I'd post or move this thread to the hacks section for more help from the experts there.

AppleWolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
I downloaded IntelliScreenX from some repo Cydia warned me that is not good. I dont have OpenSSH installed or anything like that :/

bassett700

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2009
Dingus, VA
I downloaded IntelliScreenX from some repo Cydia warned me that is not good. I dont have OpenSSH installed or anything like that :/

1. Did you install the repo knowing it contained pirated apps? [That is, did you know what the Cydia warning meant]

2. Did you intentionally install the pirated app or did you believe it was a legitimate version?

3. Did the problem occur immediately after installing the app?

4. Do you have, or know someone who has, a time machine?

Silverrune

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2011
1. Did you install the repo knowing it contained pirated apps? [That is, did you know what the Cydia warning meant]

2. Did you intentionally install the pirated app or did you believe it was a legitimate version?

3. Did the problem occur immediately after installing the app?

4. Do you have, or know someone who has, a time machine?
Haha I really enjoyed #4. :D

AppleWolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
Im new to jailbreaking and this stuff but yes i believe it was pirated. If you have a solution please tell

magilla

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2013
That's what happens when you install cracked apps...
Why, if anyone was warned ("This is going to be hot and burn your skin!") would they install an app that was known to cause any kind of problems? Did the world just get dumber while I was asleep the past 15 years?:rolleyes:

Last edited: