Jailbroke 3G with all the goodies and it runs great!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by oftheheavens, Jun 29, 2010.

1. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

I kept reading that there would be performance issues, but I JB my 3G and included multi tasking and wallpaper and all that jazz and there is less lag than on 3.1.2

Even when i use the multitasking it is seamless.

coolness.

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Glad to hear that you don't have performance issues. I also have a 3G and did a clean upgrade to 4.0 and then jailbroke the phone. I didn't install multitasking or any of the other things that redsn0w offered. However, my phone is lagging and not as responsive as it was pre-jailbreak. :( These are the times I think that jb is not worth the hassle.

3. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

i was at 3.1.2 with no spirit JB done on it so I used pwnage and went from 3.1.2 to 4.0

I am having problems with cydia now though, i can't get past downloading packages.

4. btcutter macrumors 6502

same issue. In fact, I got no ATT signal after JB so I just restore to factory 4.0.

5. pmcb macrumors member

no problems here either. of course my iPhone isn't loaded down with tons of cydia stuff but I won't need most of the stuff since ios4 does a lot of it for me.

set it up as a new phone and really liking it.

6. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

restored with custom isp again and all is good.

7. oplix Suspended

oplix

I didn't notice any performance issues at first but a few days later i noticed that it was a bit slower.