iPad jailbroke and now can't reset all mini retina settings to stock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by debudebu, Jan 20, 2014.

1. debudebu macrumors regular

I need to get the mini back to stock settings but "erase data and content" goes through the normal progress screen, then gets stuck on the power down screen where there's a spinning wheel on middle of screen.

Could this be something with cydia preventing this or? I've done this before and it only took minutes. Please discuss

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

when jailbroken, pressing the erase data and content is a big no no, so is updating a device and expecting it to stay jailbroken

try a hard reset (hold home and power button). if you're still in a spinning wheel, you're going to have to enter DFU mode and restore using iTunes

to get a device back to stock or unjailbreak it when you're jailbroken, you will have to restore it using iTunes

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

On a jailbroken device that is running iOS 5 or higher, the reset function as well as Find My iPhone's wipe function do not work. The device can be returned to normal working condition by forcing it off by holding both buttons and turning it on again. If you need to reset it, you must restore it via iTunes.

4. debudebu thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks both, I should have added that I am able to hold both buttons twice and restart it, I'd done that before. The real problem is I can't get the ipad back to factory settings because it gets stuck in power down screen after the "delete all settings and content screen" What happens is it seems like it deletes everything then attempts to restart, but gets stuck in the boot down screen (I still can restart it though).

On restart everything is still there

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Just do a clean restore, set up as new, do not restore to backup.