Jailbroke AT&T 4s sanctioned unlock ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jasper84, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Jasper84 macrumors regular

I'm going to call AT&T tomorrow to see if they will unlock my 4s, I bought it from eBay new sealed etc checked with apple before bidding to confirm its legit, apple said the phone was new and has never been activated no issues. Few questions will they unlock my 4s if I bought it from eBay ? If they can should I remove the 5.1.1 jail break ? Can I jailbreak after the unlock with out interfering with unlock, my 4s ATM is jailbroke on straight talk at some point I'll sell it on eBay, I noticed the unlocked iPhones are better sellers more bids higher auction ending price. I appreciate the feedback :)

2. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

Yep you can be jailbroken and it doesnt matter where you got it. Just as long as your contract is up and your on a month to month payment basis.

3. Jasper84 thread starter macrumors regular

I've never been a AT&T customer, currently I'm using straight talk mobile so I'm guessing if the guy who sold it to me on eBay obtained the 4s by renewing a 2 year contract that might be a problem not sure thanks for the jailbreak info I'll give AT&T a call in the morning

4. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Why should AT&T unlock your phone if you've never been a customer? They will not unlock your phone. Unlocking is a benefit they give their customers, it's not for any one that simply has an at&t iPhone.

Simply check out the thread discussing ATT unlocking iPhone 4's and see how many complain that ATT wouldn't unlock their phone because they were not ATT customers.

5. Jasper84 thread starter macrumors regular

I called AT&T earlier today mentioned I purchased the AT&T 4s new on eBay also mentioned I'm using it with straight talk wireless lady was very nice took my info my imei number she forwarded my info and unlock request to the department that handles unlocks gave me a service ticket number said I should get a call August 7th I think any request is possible if your polite and friendly maybe you should consider it might change your world

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They still do it for noncustomers all the time.
    You just gotta get lucky with a good rep.
    Some will give you probs and wont unlock it even if you're an AT&T customer. Others will take care of you.
    So dont be so quick to say they will not or never will unlock an iphone etc..

7. Jasper84 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you applejuiced !:) if I'm lucky enough to run into nice reps I'll get their info ID number etc and I'll post it in AT&T unlock. Maybe if ppl request the same rep it might be easier.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :D
    I dont think you can request a rep, its just whatever one is available next when you call.
    I too had to go through a few not very nice or knowledgeable reps to find one that's willing to help and knows what they're doing.

9. Jasper84 thread starter macrumors regular

just wanted to update I synced my iphone earlier and at the end of the sync message came up saying your iphone has been successfully unlocked they said august 7th but not only did they unlock my iphone but did so 5 days sooner than I expected :)