jailbroke with redsn0w, tried to unlock with ultrasn0w- stuck on apple logo. help?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by topofthetrees, Jan 21, 2011.

1. topofthetrees macrumors newbie

I have a 3gs 4.2.1 6.15 that I jailbroke using redsn0w, but when I went to unlock through Cydia using ultrasn0w, I followed the directions to "reboot device"(which was different than "reboot springboard" in iclarified's tutorial), my iPhone went straight to the Apple logo. It'll stay like that for 4 or 5 minutes, flash off, then come back to the Apple logo. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately, I'm beginning to think this 3gs is more trouble than it's worth :/

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You have to boot up the 3GS in tethered mode to turn it back on.

3. topofthetrees thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't turn it off to boot in tethered mode.
    If I unplug and turn the phone off, it comes back on(to the apple logo) the second I plug the USB in.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Go ahead and try it, connect it, turn it off (it will come back on the apple logo) keep holding the power + home bottom, release the power keep holding the home until u get into DFU mode.

5. topofthetrees thread starter macrumors newbie

yea, i didn't think to put it into dfu mode first because redsn0w walks you through the process.. anyway, that's exactly what i did and now i have an unlocked 3gs! woot!

thanks for your help everyone :)

6. isaacbr27 macrumors newbie

i had the exact same problem. i have an iphone 3gs and installed cydia. then installed ultrasn0w and said cannot find cellular network. so i restarted the phone and now it is stuck at the apple logo. if i put into dfu mode and go into redsn0w and boot tethered, it restarts, the pineapple logo appears for a while, then goes to the apple logo and stays there. the firmware on it is 5.0. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.