Jailbroken 4.3.3 with pwnage tool, no signal bars now (not unlocked)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Theraker007, May 9, 2011.

1. Theraker007 macrumors regular

I'm on baseband 2.50 or whatever it is so I can't unlock anyway. But I'm assuming using ultrasnow would fix the signal bar issue anyway but I want to be sure before I screw something up. Thanks all.

2. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

Basic mistake. When you set up Pwnage, select Advanced, and then make sure the Activate box is UNchecked. My guess is you left it checked.

3. Theraker007 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm positive I went and unchecked it. Do I have to do this all over again or would ultraslow fix it

4. mainomega macrumors 6502

I used custom ipsw and unchecked the activation. I'm on baseband 1.59.00 and I lost the signal meter. Phone still has great reception so I dont care to know how many bar's i'm getting.

I'm going to pwn it to 4.3.3. soon.

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

what baseband is on your phone? 02.10? 2.50 is not a baseband. If it is indeed 02.10, ultrasn0w doesn't work for this baseband.

6. iClamp macrumors newbie

Install Ultrasn0w. It fixed the issue for me.

7. Theraker007 thread starter macrumors regular

Ultrasn0w worked for me too. Baseband
    Irrelevant.

8. edk macrumors regular

installing ultrasnow fixed my signal bar, but screwed up the network data :(

9. martin.attwan macrumors newbie

that's not true.

10. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

Which part is not true? The part about unchecking the box? The part about it being a basic mistake? Or my guess that the box was left checked? How do you know any of this is untrue? Or all of it? You aren't the OP, so you have no idea if HE did or did not uncheck the box; the box needing to be unchecked if you use AT&T is certainly true; and my guess is MY guess, not yours (you can't possibly know what I was thinking); oh, and it being a basic mistake many people make- I have done this myself and I have seen many other posts relating to it as well as the first thing to look for after doing a custom firmware and getting no signal. The OP didn't mention that he had actual signal, just no bars, until after the first post, so the clear first guess was that he had no signal. That leads to the box remaining checked.

Of course, I welcome you response to my questions, as I am really curious as to your thought process in leaving such a direct (if erroneous) answer).