Jailbroken 4S Unable to Restore iTunes Error Readings - In Need of Some Assistance

NewMacFan2011

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
I have an iPhone 4S and jailbroke it a while back. I just used the new jailbreak and everything was going fine. I deleted Winterboard and all of a sudden the phone locked into a constant respring. I don't think it was a reboot because it would show the "working" symbol and then my unlock screen for 2 seconds and repeat. I tried plugging it in to iTunes to restore and I get unable to restore messages. I've gotten 2 so far 1600 & 21. I know nothing about computers and had followed the easy tutorials because my friends said it was so easy. I have read about SHSH Blobs and thought I used Tiny Umbrella to back them up. I didn't really know why I was doing it or even if I did in fact save them. I need some help, as you can tell I am kind of frantic right now.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
I always search YouTube for this kind of stuff. Hope that helps a little... Sorry if it doesn't. I had this problem once when I downloaded ifile. Did you have that app before this issue?

NewMacFan2011

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
K I didn't know there was a hack section, I was so frantic I only scrolled down to iPhone. I did not have WinterBoard, downloaded it then Removed it and this happened. All in a matter of 5-10 minutes after an entire day of the jailbreak working perfect.

NewMacFan2011

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
I apologize but I tried as best I could. I have also read other blogs about modifying the 5.0.1, 5.1.1 and nothing seems to affect my situation. I keep getting 1600 and 21 errors.

NewMacFan2011

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
Thanks for the support guys. I tried everything you suggested with no results. I had read what you guy suggested in other blogs too. I don't know why it didn't work.
But I decided to drive down the street to my office and plug it into a different computer (PC) and restore on that. WORKED LIKE A CHARM. I'm telling you I almost had a heart attack during those 4 hours.:):D:):D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.