Jailbroken; how do I locate a movie in dropbox via iFile?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by felixen, Nov 10, 2010.

1. felixen macrumors 6502a

Sup. I have a few movies in my dropbox. Unfortuneately dropbox app doesn't convert videos like some other iPad apps does. Therefore I wanna locate the movies in iFile and see if i can open them in one of my video players (cinexplayer, oplayer or vlc). However when I find the dropbox folder in ifile I can't seem to find any of the content I have stored in there. I'm thinking I may be looking in the wrong place. Can anyone help?

Edit: I'm at var>mobile>applications>longassnumberwhichhasdropboxfilesinside. Could there be a folder another place on the iPad which contains the videos I want to find?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I could be wrong but I don't think that the iOS Dropbox application actually store your files, it read them from the cloud, all it does is it caches them.

3. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Damn.. I wish it could convert files. Thanks for your reply though

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Get airvideo or zumocast. No need for dropbox.

5. JSalig, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010

JSalig macrumors 6502

Dropbox may not store the files but Goodreader does. What I usually do is download the dropbox video file in Goodreader. Then I go into ifile and go to the Goodreader app folder. The video files will appear in the Documents subfolder. From there you have the option of opening the file in cinexplayer, vlc or any other video player you may have. It's a good way to go if you don't want to bother with live streaming.

6. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks man, im gonna try that out. As for airvideo, I can't get it working when on a different wifi network/3G ever since I got a new router. I'm not at home now so I would need remote access, but I suck at sorting those kinds of things out

Edit: I wanted to see if i could download it via icab for the fun of it. It stops the download though, says its because of a download limit. The file is 350mb. Is this too much for icab to handle? gotta be a way to bypass this..