Jailbroken Iphone 4 stuck in Recovery mode After accidental update to 4.3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ceccola, Mar 22, 2011.

1. ceccola macrumors newbie

I will be forever Grateful for anybody that can help me get my phone back on. its been off for two days now and have been trying to figure out how to get it out of recovery mode. It would be amazing if i can do this without deleting everything however know that it may be far fetched.

I pretty much somehow accidentally pushed upgrade to 4.3 while my phone is jailbroken (i beleive on 4.2.1). Yes i know retarded move but swear im not a noob.

I have been searching forums and blogs everywhere for a solution but none have worked so far.

I have tried to restore to the original firmware with itunes as well as pwnage tool which neither have worked. Also tried fix recovery and exit recovery on tiny umbrella and that hasnt worked either. even tried fix recovery and irecovery but to no avail.

I know some of you guys have accidently done this before. Plllllllleeeeeeeeaaaaassssss help.

Thx,
    Cameron

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

3. ceccola thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx for the quick reply! yes i have tried restoring it in dfu mode but that hasnt worked either.

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

When you do it in DFU, what does iTunes do? This sort of happened to me about a month ago and Apple just gave me a new phone haha..

5. ceccola thread starter macrumors newbie

Im trying to restore it with the 4.2.1 firmware. The apple logo poops up on my phone with the time bar, it gets about 75 percent finish then while it sais "restoring iphone software" in itunes but then after a while i get an error message in itunes saying its not possible.

Lol. apple didn't figure out that your phone was bricked from being jailbroken? in the back of my head that's what im thinking im going to have to do, but just really hoping theres some other solution.

6. Los macrumors regular

It would help if you gave us the error number.

7. ceccola thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes sorry. 1013. It takes a while after being frozen till i get the error message.

8. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

You wouldn't happen to have Wifi sync installed?

9. silroc macrumors 6502

silroc

10. ceccola thread starter macrumors newbie

wow, i do actually have wifi sync installed. Does that have to do with something?

The hosts files are good tho, its the same ipsw i jailbroke it with.

11. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Uninstall WiFi sync from your computer and then restore your phone.

12. ceccola thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok uninstalled wifi sync and restarted my computer. Then tried to do the new upgrade and then the 4.2.1 and both times receied a 1013 notification. When it was restoring though it was freezing and ran smoother than before. ill try to put in dfu and try but think the same thing will happen.

13. ceccola thread starter macrumors newbie

ok put it in dfu and got notification 9 almost immediately.

14. lavrishevo, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011

lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

15. Merkie macrumors 68020

You have used TinyUmbrella. Clean your .hosts file.

16. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

Yup. TinyUmbrella is the key. Open that up and you'll see "Recovery Device" on the left hand panel. Click on that and then "Exit Recovery" and you're done. I did this just a few hours ago with my wife's phone and a couple days ago with my own.

17. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

I had the same problem when trying to upgrade to 4.2.1 a couple weeks ago, the only way I could get my phone to boot again was to jailbreak it at the iTunes/USB screen THEN use tinyumbrellla to kick it out of recovery mode(it would not kick it out or fix recovery unless I jailbroke the phone)

18. ceccola thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you everybody for your help! I have tried everything possible and reluctantly had to go in to the genius bar. they had a little trouble trying to restore it but they were finally successful. dont think they noticed it was jailbroken. once again thank you for the help.

19. nukem170 macrumors member

Do you know what exactly they did?

20. SilentsurprisE macrumors newbie

hey i have the exact same prorblem but when i used tinyumbrella to exit recovery mode,it just returned to recovery mode:(

21. Neerules macrumors newbie

Iphone 4.1 jailbreak restore

My blog will show you guys how to restore your jailbroken iphone back to factory defaults on iOS 4.1 only.

http://neerules.blogspot.com/2011/10/restore-jailbroken-iphone-4-on-ios-41.html

Check it out

----------

you need to get iREB r4 to take it our of the recovery loop.

my blog will tell you how to fix your iphone.

http://neerules.blogspot.com/2011/10/restore-jailbroken-iphone-4-on-ios-41.html

22. Fshumayrqan macrumors newbie

recovery mode

Well, last night i tried to downgrade my iphone4 and i was stuck in recovery mode, i sat all night trying to figured out what happen, i tried thousand times in itunes to restore but nothing, and all above you've just said but still i got nothing, i got feed up with my mac pro, so i tried in my windows pc and download the 10.5 itunes version and restore my phone and finally worked. i am hoping it works on you.