James Comey has agreed to testify before Senate Intelligence committee

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, May 19, 2017.

1. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

In an open session. Get your popcorn ready. :D

[​IMG] Michael LaRosa (@MichaelLaRosaDC)
    5/19/17, 5:44 PM
    Sen. Intell Committee release: "James Comey has committed to testify in open session before the Committee." After Memorial Day

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

3. Scepticalscribe, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

And cashew nuts (roasted and nicely spiced), and almonds, and peanuts (preferably chilli), and, what Our Transatlantic Cousins refer to as "chips", but what we describe as "crisps"....

4. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Heck yeah!!!
    --- Post Merged, May 19, 2017 ---
    What wine would you suggest ?

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I saw what you did there. ;)

Anyway, I hope that Comey calls out Trump on the threat question of if there are any taped conversations. That puts him on the spot, and can't claim any sort of National Security on that threat, and if he claims Executive privilege, that would definitely implicate him.

Besides, this has surpassed popcorn. This requires nachos. :D

BL.

6. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

I can't wait to see Trump live tweeting. Because, well, it'd be stupid to do it -- and perfectly in (lack of) character.

7. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Hell this is gonna be better than watching the Super Bowl.

We need a tailgating party.

:D

Wait..

Is CSPAN Fake news or real news ? I've lost track.

8. darksithpro macrumors regular

You guys have to admit, Politics hasn't been this exciting in a long time. The NYT, WAPO, CNN and others are making a killing and their ratings are up because of Trump. If you guys get what you want, which is Trump no longer being in office, all the excitement, the ratings and flow of money in the MSM goes back down and it will resort back to boring C-span coverage. You guys won't have much to talk about anymore. No more villain to bash and get your thumbs up anymore!

9. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

A nice, crisp, elegant white, with a bit of body - actually, a bit of balance, heft and body.

Personally, I don't much care for those thin tasteless (aka cheap) whites - described by a friend - the manager of my favourite wine shop - who gave an excellent lecture this week on Burgundy wines in the 17th century basement (thick stone walls, heavy wooden table covered with a heavy linen table cloth, Riedel wine glasses, a cheeseboard from my favourite cheesemonger's, lots of Burgundy wines to taste/sip/drink) of the wine merchant's - as "alcohol delivery devices" - and neither do I much care for those bloated, blowsy Chardonnays from the New World....

So: A Pouilly-Fuisée, or a decent Chablis, or an elegant Riesling from Alsace or Germany, would be my recommendations. A good Viognier would also work, and - but this is a somewhat divisive recommendation, I love it, but readily recognise that this preference is not shared by all - an excellent classy Gewürztraminer.

Mind you, a well balanced Grüner Veltliner would also work well in these circumstances.

10. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

I think this deserves a Jerry Springer special episode. 'My ex-FBI director won't stop screwing me'

11. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Exactly. We would have more important things to concentrate on. Like running this country efficiently, and actually adhering to the Preamble of our Constitution, instead of making an absolute mockery of it.

Government is supposed to be working for us, not reality TV entertainment.

BL.

12. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Fantastic !!!

13. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

I'm thinking a white wine would go well with nuts and chips. A Chenin blanc. The fruity flavors and slightly dry nature will offset the savory saltiness.

A Sauvignon might be a little on the heavy side.

14. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

I'd give a heartfelt "oh thank God!" for that. There are so many other things I could be doing with my life than obsessing about the guy in the presidency who is constantly trying to destroy my country.

I want to go back to that "no drama" guy, thank you very much.

15. darksithpro macrumors regular

President Obama was the best salesman for guns. The firearm industry loved the fact that people where so worried for their 2A rights under Obama, they had the highest number of firearm sales in history. Same can be said about the liberal MSM. Trump brings them more subscribers and profit. See, Trump has made the MSM very profitable since he got elected.

16. Scepticalscribe, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Not just "no drama" but someone who wrote English as though language had meaning (and could write with an artistically accomplished and elegant and meticulous yet understated prose style).

Moreover, Barack Obama was/is a man who spoke the English language as though he understood what it meant - a man who understood and knew that words have power and meaning - and therefore, respected the words he used instead of mangling them and abusing them and strangling them into spirals of wild irrational hate and narcissistic, thin-skinned, self-pity.

17. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

trump is really going to know what being pounded from behind feels like.

18. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Ya know.

There comes a time when one has to be more concerned about the President than corporate profits.

19. darksithpro macrumors regular

It's not only profits, this guy seems to bring you guys enjoyable Entertainment. A daily press briefing has become as exciting as a new TV series.

20. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

IKR ?

21. gregrose macrumors 6502

All he does is lie and coverup, yawn. He's a criminal just like Clinton.

22. Tinmania macrumors 68040

Tinmania

I'd be thrilled with that. As much as I was shocked and dismayed at Trump winning I at least figured the craziness of the 2016 election was over. I was very wrong.

Mike

23. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

One more time.

Clinton is NOT President of these United States.

Trump IS.

24. darksithpro macrumors regular

Perhaps Pence would be better than this "raging buffoon" you guys want out. He's super Conservative, tea party like. He'd probably get more things done for the ultra conservative Republican ideology, he keeps his mouth shut and he seems so boring and calm. If I was a Liberal I would want to keep Trump in office in the hopes that he continue to make a fool of himself and his admin and hand the 2020 election to a Democrat.

25. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

But that's treating like a football rivalry. Any American should remove their party bias and want what's best for their country. Keeping Trump as President is no good for anyone but Trump.