James Comey has agreed to testify before Senate Intelligence committee

jpietrzak8

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Perhaps Pence would be better than this "raging buffoon" you guys want out. He's super Conservative, tea party like. He'd probably get more things done for the ultra conservative Republican ideology, he keeps his mouth shut and he seems so boring and calm. If I was a Liberal I would want to keep Trump in office in the hopes that he continue to make a fool of himself and his admin and hand the 2020 election to a Democrat.
As an American, I'd be much happier having to compromise with a sane, predictable, competent ultra-right-wing leader in the 2020 election, rather than a man who is setting up this country to be an enormous smoking crater in 2020...

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
Any American should remove their party bias and want what's best for their country.

Perhaps Pence might be best for Americans then. And... hypothetically speaking, if he does a good job we can look forward to another 4 years under Ultra conservative Republican rule.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
I don't care, but make something stick or move on. This entire Russian narrative is beyond tedious at this point.

When are we actually going to start dealing with single payer healthcare and income inequality? You don't even see these issues hinted at while this Russian ******** is front page daily.

Reactions: sorcery and juanm

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
Perhaps Pence might be best for Americans then. And... hypothetically speaking, if he does a good job we can look forward to another 4 years under Ultra conservative Republican rule.
At the very least if he does get elected at the next election he will have shown his ability and have some previous experience.

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
Here's a question to you liberals. What's more important? Getting Trump out of office ASAP and have Pence take the helm, or as some of you explained, letting him make a fool of "himself" and his "voters", to let it play out to 2020 and have him in the history books as: "President Trump will go down as perhaps the worst president in the history of the United States!"

What do you pick?

Last edited:

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
At the very least if he does get elected at the next election he will have shown his ability and have some previous experience.
If the establishment manages to get Trump removed the GOP has no prayer in the next election.

Only Trump was able to get an electoral victory. No other GOP'er running would have been able to defeat Hillary.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Westmere
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
Perhaps Pence would be better than this "raging buffoon" you guys want out. He's super Conservative, tea party like. He'd probably get more things done for the ultra conservative Republican ideology, he keeps his mouth shut and he seems so boring and calm. If I was a Liberal I would want to keep Trump in office in the hopes that he continue to make a fool of himself and his admin and hand the 2020 election to a Democrat.
The fact that you even have to ask such a question in your post is illustrative of a breathtaking degree of political illiteracy: If you cannot tell the difference between mere political disagreement as a matter of political perspective - and perfectly reasonable concerns over the actions, utterances and polices of a dangerously deranged, delusional, impulsive, incompetent, narcissistic sociopath in the White House, then, I would worry about your capacity to draw distinctions.

As an American, I'd be much happier having to compromise with a sane, predictable, competent ultra-right-wing leader in the 2020 election, rather than a man who is setting up this country to be an enormous smoking crater in 2020...
Exactly. Thank you.

Here's a question to you liberals. What's more important? Getting Trump out of office ASAP and have Pence take the helm, or as some of you explained, letting him make a fool of "himself" and his "voters", to let it play out to 2020 and have him in the history books as: "President Trump will go down as perhaps the worst President in the history of the United States!"

What do you pick?
Seriously?

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
No other GOP'er running would have been able to defeat Hillary.
Looks likely she will be out of the picture for a 2020 election.
[doublepost=1495241673][/doublepost]
The fact that you even have to ask such a question in your post is illustrative of a breathtaking degree of political illiteracy: If you cannot tell the difference between mere political disagreement as a matter of political perspective - and perfectly reasonable concerns over the actions, utterances and polices of a dangerously deranged, delusional, impulsive, incompetent, narcissistic sociopath in the White House, then, I would worry about your capacity to draw distinctions.

Exactly. Thank you.

Seriously?

I'm dead serious, a lot of people find Pence more dangerous than Trump. It makes sense, right? According to you guys Trump is incompetent, however Pence is a force to be reckoned with.

jpietrzak8

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
If the establishment manages to get Trump removed the GOP has no prayer in the next election.
Actually, I believe the opposite; if Trump somehow manages to stagger all the way to the 2020 finish line without being removed, voters will gladly get rid of him.

But if he's forcibly removed before the 2020 election? There's gonna be an enormous group of aggrieved voters saying that their votes had been overturned. Trump, the newly-minted martyr, will be right back in front of all his rallies, pushing for himself, or (if he can't legally run again) some Trump proxy to get into office. And that'll make for a very interesting election indeed...

Reactions: darksithpro

IronWaffle

macrumors 6502
Echoing @Scepticalscribe, absolutely.

Right now, as all this garbage is happening, AHCA is quietly being tinkered with out of view. Other stuff, too, I'm sure. Point is that this looney tune is sucking all the air. For those of us who are concerned about this new plan and how it may affect us -- on either side (for/against) -- it is stressful for details to be so spare, discussion so mute, and momentum to be lost (whether in fighting it or endorsing it). Instead, it's this sh*tshow. We're not better than this? Okay. I guess some find it entertaining. We're not better than that? Drain the swamp and put in a giant roulette wheel shaped like Donald's mouth? Fine. Got it. I know, I know... "love it or leave it" or whatever. Keep peeing on this snowflake; I'm not fully yellow yet.

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
Actually, I believe the opposite; if Trump somehow manages to stagger all the way to the 2020 finish line without being removed, voters will gladly get rid of him.

But if he's forcibly removed before the 2020 election? There's gonna be an enormous group of aggrieved voters saying that their votes had been overturned. Trump, the newly-minted martyr, will be right back in front of all his rallies, pushing for himself, or (if he can't legally run again) some Trump proxy to get into office. And that'll make for a very interesting election indeed...

Wow, a smart Democrat that looks at things long term.

jpietrzak8

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Wow, a smart Democrat that looks at things long term.
I like to consider myself a centrist, actually, as in the past I have voted Republican at times. But yeah, lately, the best centrist options have all been in the Democratic party, as the Republican party has been veering to the Right for more than a decade now. (Also, W made for just an awful president, even if he wasn't all that bad of a person.)

George H. W. Bush was the last man to make the phrase "Republican President" something you could say with pride...

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
I like to consider myself a centrist, actually, as in the past I have voted Republican at times. But yeah, lately, the best centrist options have all been in the Democratic party, as the Republican party has been veering to the Right for more than a decade now. (Also, W made for just an awful president, even if he wasn't all that bad of a person.)

George H. W. Bush was the last man to make the phrase "Republican President" somethbe gift wrapping you could say with pride...

Glad to hear, but you're right. Removing him now will only make him a martyr. The best and cunning long term strategy would to let him continue to humiliate himself, his voters and his admin, where in 2020 the election would be gift wrapped to the Democratic party, if things continue to play out like they are.

Foggydog

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2014
Left Coast
Hell this is gonna be better than watching the Super Bowl.

We need a tailgating party.

:D

Wait..

Is CSPAN Fake news or real news ? I've lost track.

Hmmm, I guess it depends on whose side you're on or something :rolleyes:

[doublepost=1495243114][/doublepost]
IMG_0210.JPG
Wow. I do need to order more popcorn.
Since we are pulling out the popcorn and nachos, may I recommend the following movie....

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm feeling very thankful for all the people unhappy with Trumps presidency enough to keep this momentum going, to ensure that he's going to be out soon. See what happens when we all come together :)
It's been very fun watching US politics from afar this past year but it feels like it's reaching the end now. He'll be out soon and it'll just go boring again - and we can all crack on with various celebrations etc.

jpietrzak8

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Glad to hear, but you're right. Removing him now will only make him a martyr. The best and cunning long term strategy would to let him continue to humiliate himself, his voters and his admin, where in 2020 the election would be gift wrapped to the Democratic party, if things continue to play out like they are.
Now, see, I don't want that either. Handing over the entire federal government, "gift wrapped", to the Democratic party, is just as bad as allowing this radicalized GOP control thee entire federal government. The far Left is no better than the far Right.

In my optimal scenario, Trump finally gets disgusted with it all, signals to his sycophants that he's had enough and is retiring, gets a blanket pardon from Pence, and retires to obscurity. Both sides can then pick up the pieces and try to steer us back onto a solid course, without the crazy sycophants trying to overturn the ship...

Peace

macrumors Core
Apr 1, 2005
Space--The ONLY Frontier
More Fake News :

Former FBI Director James Comey now believes that President Donald Trump was trying to influence his judgment about the Russia probe, a person familiar with his thinking says, but whether that influence amounts to obstruction of justice remains an open question.
"You have to have intent in order to obstruct justice in the criminal sense," the source said, adding that "intent is hard to prove."
Comey will testify publicly before the Senate intelligence committee after Memorial Day, the panel's leaders announced Friday.
The central question at that blockbuster hearing will be whether Comey believed the President was trying to interfere with his investigation.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/19/politics/james-comey-trump-influence/index.html?adkey=bn

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012

LOL the DNC has no prayer of removing Trump with the platform of "break down the barriers" and "and we lead with our values".

No one, absolutely no one cares about that ********. Platitudes are DOA in the south, the rust belt and with millennials.

Trump will run as a populist and skewer any corporatist oligarch Democrat.
[doublepost=1495248484][/doublepost]
I'm feeling very thankful for all the people unhappy with Trumps presidency enough to keep this momentum going, to ensure that he's going to be out soon. See what happens when we all come together :)
It's been very fun watching US politics from afar this past year but it feels like it's reaching the end now. He'll be out soon and it'll just go boring again - and we can all crack on with various celebrations etc.
This is the DNC's hail Mary. If this fails you're getting 8 years of Trump. Why? DNC has no counter positions to offer that aren't corporatist. They refuse to back universal healthcare, fight for 15, anti interventionism as a party, which basically means they are really bad Republicans rather than an opposition party.

Reactions: jkcerda

Peace

macrumors Core
Apr 1, 2005
Space--The ONLY Frontier
LOL the DNC has no prayer of removing Trump with the platform of "break down the barriers" and "and we lead with our values".

No one, absolutely no one cares about that ********. Platitudes are DOA in the south, the rust belt and with millennials.

Trump will run as a populist and skewer any corporatist oligarch Democrat.
I don't think you can run for President if you've been impeached.

If. and I say If any impeachment proceedings did arise from all this I think the Donald will just do what most Psychopathic Narcissist would do.

Fight until he's gone.

Reactions: 0098386

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
You guys have to admit, Politics hasn't been this exciting in a long time. The NYT, WAPO, CNN and others are making a killing and their ratings are up because of Trump. If you guys get what you want, which is Trump no longer being in office, all the excitement, the ratings and flow of money in the MSM goes back down and it will resort back to boring C-span coverage. You guys won't have much to talk about anymore. No more villain to bash and get your thumbs up anymore!
It is true and I have thought about that which is why I am torn.

It's not only profits, this guy seems to bring you guys enjoyable Entertainment. A daily press briefing has become as exciting as a new TV series.
The best reality TV show, with the best words...bigly.

I am torn on this too. Part of me wants to leave him there making a fool of himself, but the other part of me is totally embarrassed by him, like you would be with a crazy uncle that you take out on the street and he starts saying crazy things to people. You just want to hide all that crazy away somewhere.

At least with Pence, I would feel like someone more competent was in charge. Although really, is he really that competent himself? He was using AOL for government emails in Indiana and was leading up the transition team that seemed totally clueless to what Flynn was up to. Either incompetent vetting or laziness. Unless they didn't care which is worse. So I am not sure Pence is all that great. Ben Sasse caught my eye the other day though in an interview I saw. He seems like a rising star who has his act together. But I need to know more.

The distinctions are clear. The Republicans control things now. The Dems lost power after 8 years. They're pissed and desperate. It doesn't get any simpler than that.
I am neither pissed nor desperate. I'd say the ones that were desperate were the ones that latched onto a guy like Trump hoping he wouldn't be the hot mess that he already had been throughout the campaign.

Nefilim

Suspended
Oct 2, 2016
You guys have to admit, Politics hasn't been this exciting in a long time. The NYT, WAPO, CNN and others are making a killing and their ratings are up because of Trump. If you guys get what you want, which is Trump no longer being in office, all the excitement, the ratings and flow of money in the MSM goes back down and it will resort back to boring C-span coverage. You guys won't have much to talk about anymore. No more villain to bash and get your thumbs up anymore!
Nice try to recover from being gullible trash, congrats, deplorable! :)

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
A nice, crisp, elegant white, with a bit of body - actually, a bit of balance, heft and body.

Personally, I don't much care for those thin tasteless (aka cheap) whites - described by a friend - the manager of my favourite wine shop - who gave an excellent lecture this week on Burgundy wines in the 17th century basement (thick stone walls, heavy wooden table covered with a heavy linen table cloth, Riedel wine glasses, a cheeseboard from my favourite cheesemonger's, lots of Burgundy wines to taste/sip/drink) of the wine merchant's - as "alcohol delivery devices" - and neither do I much care for those bloated, blowsy Chardonnays from the New World....

So: A Pouilly-Fuisée, or a decent Chablis, or an elegant Riesling from Alsace or Germany, would be my recommendations. A good Viognier would also work, and - but this is a somewhat divisive recommendation, I love it, but readily recognise that this preference is not shared by all - an excellent classy Gewürztraminer.

Mind you, a well balanced Grüner Veltliner would also work well in these circumstances.
Stop being a snob and face it: this calls for something stronger. For something more Russian. When only the best will do you know you want the world's finest super premium Trump vodka.

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
Heck yeah!!!
[doublepost=1495236177][/doublepost]

What wine would you suggest ?
I hear Justin has a great Cab. On the other hand Popcorn may require something lighter. Maybe a Cakebread Chardonnay or one of my favorites Wente? But what do I know I'm a Scotch drinker.

If your want a Scotch recommendation I can help.
[doublepost=1495260641][/doublepost]
The distinctions are clear. The Republicans control things now. The Dems lost power after 8 years. They're pissed and desperate. It doesn't get any simpler than that.
Pendulum effect. Happens every four to eight years. Has nothing to do with being pissed or desperate unlike your comment.
[doublepost=1495260785][/doublepost]
Stop being a snob and face it: this calls for something stronger. For something more Russian. When only the best will do you know you want the world's finest super premium Trump vodka.

Titos man... Titos. Are you not American? Made in Texas.

Out of curiosity. Where is Trump's Vodka made? Mexico like his suits?

Last edited: