James O’Keefe’s Google ‘Whistleblower’ Loves QAnon, Accused “Zionists” of Running the Government

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

What O’Keefe’s video leaves out, though, is that his much-hyped insider is not as credible as he claims. On social media, Vorhies is an avid promoter of anti-Semitic slanders that banks, the media, and the United States government are controlled by “Zionists.” He’s also pushed conspiracy theories like QAnon, Pizzagate, and the discredited claim that vaccines cause autism.

Vorhies and Google didn’t respond to requests for comment.

On his Twitter account, @Perpetualmaniac, Vorhies repeatedly attacks Jewish people and accuses them of a wide range of crimes. (Both O’Keefe and his group, Project Veritas, promoted Vorhies’s Twitter account in tweets on Monday.)

He even alleges that “Zionists” killed conservative publisher and O’Keefe mentor Andrew Breitbart, who died of heart failure in 2012.

“It’s very simple, either you go along with the zionists or you end up like Andrew Breitbart,” Vorhies wrote in January.

In a May tweet, Vorhies accused Israel of plotting the 9/11 attacks, and encouraged Twitter users to look up 9/11-related conspiracy theory content, providing no evidence of his claims.

“Israel and the zionist cabal planned 9/11 and its going to all come out,” Vorhies wrote.
    What O’Keefe’s video leaves out, though, is that his much-hyped insider is not as credible as he claims. On social media, Vorhies is an avid promoter of anti-Semitic slanders that banks, the media, and the United States government are controlled by “Zionists.” He’s also pushed conspiracy theories like QAnon, Pizzagate, and the discredited claim that vaccines cause autism.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/james...ing-the-government?source=twitter&via=desktop

So many people jumped on this story because they wanted to believe it, they wanted to believe Google is suppressing conservative opinion. But this guy has no credibility. And being an anti-Semite, no conservative or Trump supporter should be defending this guy.

2. FrankieTDouglas, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019

FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

3. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

I’m not protecting Google. James O’Keefe and project veritas are not credible. And the guy they’re putting on a pedestal is an alt-right anti-Semite. For shame.

4. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

And what is it that they're saying that isn't credible? What of their argument do you disagree with?

5. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

He’s not credible. Why should I believe what he’s saying about Google. The idea that their algorithms are intentionally suppressing conservative thought is tin-foil hat stuff.

6. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

So, a story breaks that you don't like, so you're trying to get out ahead of it to attack the messenger and deliberately throw a shield on the story itself. This is honestly one of the more blatant attempts at this on these forums in awhile.

So again: what in the story isn't credible? You're saying he's not credible? Of what that he's discussing about Google do you not believe?

And honestly, regardless of this particular story: do you actually trust Google? As in, seriously? I'm really curious why you'd rush to Google's defense so quickly. If you're posting here, at the very least you've been following Apple's back and forth with Google for years now. In fact, Apple's big push for privacy stands in direct opposition to Google's business model (and many other tech companies, for that matter).

But please, do keep responding and keep this topic fresh.

7. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

The irony of this statement on the PRSI forum is painfully hilarious. :rolleyes:

Try using Vox as a source for statements, some will perform Simone Biles level of mental gymnastics to hate the source, but NOT the information relayed.

8. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Considering the kind of garbage he posts on social media, no I don’t find him credible. He’s a nutjob. And no I don’t think there’s anyone with credible knowledge of how algorithms work that can prove that Google is suppressing conservative thought.

9. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Do you find Vox to be journalism or editorial work? This news story about Google is a data dump of their documents.

[​IMG]

10. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

I don't care. I care that Vox explains stuff & lays it out. I haven't seen evidence that they are continually wrong or frame information in such a way that makes it unreliable.

For quite the time one of the staples of our lazier posters was to attack the source of the information, not the actual information itself. To this day, for some posters, Vox consistently generates that same knee jerk reaction. Thus the idea of others lamenting about sources being attacked (especially on the right leaning side of things ) in PRSI, I find hilarious.