Jammed cell phone signal

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mtfield, Mar 18, 2008.

1. mtfield macrumors 6502

So my dad lives in Fl. during the winter... He just flew back there the other day and his phone was working fine... then he walks into the house and suddenly his iphone wont work in the house... it says call failed everytime he tries to makes a call and just sends a caller to voicemail. So he called me and I asked how many bars he had and he said 4 so i told him to leave the house and go by the road and make a call... he did and it worked fine... went back to the house and once again nothing... is there anything in his house that could be causing his signal to get scrambled and be the culprit behind something like this??? thanks!

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Do you have a metal roof or metal studs? What kind of phone and with what company does he have service?

TEG

3. josielinnea macrumors regular

josielinnea

Not the be a total *******, but this is the iphone-forum..

TS: Hope you get this sorted out. Sorry but I have no idea what could be causing it..

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Did he update his iPhone recently...

whether it's the Firmware or just changes to his AT&T Plan. AT&T recommends that you shut the iPhone off and turn it back on, (similar to a hard-boot, by holding down the Home Button and the On/Off Button at the same time) and his iPhone should be fine! :cool: