Jan Brewer Asks Supreme Court to Strip Benefits From Same-Sex Partners

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Jul 9, 2012.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

http://www.advocate.com/politics/20...upreme-court-strip-benefits-same-sex-partners

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

4. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

5. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Well, this just goes to show that it's not just marriage they want to keep from us, it's anything that would make us remotely equal.

6. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I am embarrassed and sad to be in the same state that this woman is in....

7. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

This is the truth. The only ones who need convincing are the republican apologists.

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Can issuing a hit man on them count as immoral?

9. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

If she was doing it to save the state money it would still be pathetic but at least it would be sounder than the reason she is fighting it.

I could at least see the logic there. It would be crap bout at least sounder logic than the current one.

10. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

If she were truly worried about benefits costing the state money, then she would be advocating doing away with spousal benefits too. But we all know that would never happen.

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I'd call her a c**t but that would be an insult to good vaginas.

12. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

bingo. Mostly making a point that there is better logic that she could of used that bat **** crazy right wing logic.

It would of at least had a base in something other than religion which is what the current attack is based on.

13. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Nicki Minaj said it best

You a stupid hoe, you a, you a stupid hoe [x3]
    You a stupid hoe, (yeah) you a, you a stupid hoe
    You a stupid hoe, you a, you a stupid hoe (stupid, stupid)
    You a stupid hoe, you a, you a stupid hoe (you stupid, stupid)
    You a stupid hoe, you a, you a stupid hoe (you stupid, stupid)
    You a stupid hoe, (yeah) you a, you a stupid hoe (you stupid, stupid)

Yeah. It's a bad song.

14. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Okay, I did one of those double-takes where you shake your head and go, "What?!?!"

What a vile, hateful woman! It's amazing how she keeps topping herself for disgusting behavior.

Someone here once said it, and it applies here again: You can't spell CRAZY without R-AZ.

15. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Worse than that, actually.

Absolutely spot on, both times. This is a nasty, sinister and pernicious attack on basic human rights, using - as always - specious, and spurious arguments. Nasty, vicious and ugly. The specialty of the Right....

It would, but call it what it is; the casual and vindictive viciousness displayed by the Right towards anyone who deviates from their limited world view of what it is to be human.

As a European, I have been horrified (ever since Ronald Reagan held office, in fact) at the predominance of the Right (especially the divinely inspired lunatic Right) in US culture, politics, social affairs and economics.

Frankly, ithat aspect of US political culture gives me the horrors, not to mention sleepless nights, and I remain amazed at their cultural dominance and at the inability of the sane/sensible urban culture of the US to take serious and public issue with them.

I remember Bill Clinton's presidency, and the attempts of the Republican party not just to thwart (by every means at their disposal) his legislative programme, but to actually deny him the right (which he enjoyed legitimately, and, was mandated thus, as an elected President) to actually govern. Likewise, the barely concealed (ethnic and political) hatred towards Barack Obama and the unseemly and sordid attempts to derail by every means possible his legislative programme. It is as though they deny the right to exist, and/or, to govern, or merely express dissent or an alternative perspective or lifestyle of anyone who differs from their splendidly wholesome (and wholly fantastical) idealised world view. Divinely endorsed, of course.

16. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

She's a dumb bitch. I just don't get why these ****ing people need to stick their noses into things that just shouldn't bother them so damn much.

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

It's okay. She's a bad governor.

18. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh, I remember it quite well. It was disturbing. The same thing is happening now, but they don't have anything even resembling a Monica Lewinsky this time. They're really frustrated.

19. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I wonder if her tune would change if someone tried to deny women any type of benefits as a stipulation to this hate bill?

After all, she couldn't choose to be a woman just like homosexuals cannot choose to be homosexual.

EDIT: After seeing the picture in the article I realize the headline should read "Leather handbag with glasses asks supreme court to strip couples benefits".

How a leather handbag became a governor is beyond me.

----------

But remember, Republicans are for smaller, less invasive government..../sarcasm

Its so sad this goes on in 2012...

20. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Now, hold on everyone, hold on. Let's look on the other side of the argument.

:confused:

21. AhmedFaisal Guest

That argument being that only a man and a woman can legally make a leather handbag?

22. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

To be, or to feel somewhat "frustrated" is a normal human response to a defeat, or a series of set-backs; this lot are not just frustrated, they strike me as utterly deranged, which is lunacy of a totally different order.

Since the late 1970s-early 1980s, the increasing influence, power, paranoia, and sheer arrogant vehement and disdainful certainty of the ardent Right in the US, a certainty expressed in terms of corrosive contempt for those who differ from them and disagree with them, is something which I find unnerving and truly disturbing in a country, which once upon a more distant time, served as something of a model for democratic values.

23. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

Would the payment then be a bounty or a bonus. She is just an utterly vile skank.

KGB:mad:

24. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I think I can honestly say that she's the most loathsome elected official in the US.

25. Happybunny macrumors 68000

She is the poster child for the GOP.

It's people like her that has damaged the USA's standing with civilized countries around the world.