Jane Goodall compares Donald Trump to "dominate male chimpanzee"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Sep 17, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Boy, this seems downright racist to me.

Shouldn't she have used an orangutan instead of a chimp?

2. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I wonder how long his Secret Service guys will be given time off as reward for service above and beyond the call of duty.

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Clintons SS might be getting extra pay for their medical services :D

4. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I'm sure Pig hillarys Secret Service detail gets extra pay every time they have to act as EMTs or emergency triage support.

5. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Since the dominate chimp rises to the top social position, is Jane Goodall's implicit suggestion that Trump will rise to the top political position?

You don't have to be Marlon Perkins to know how Mother Nature deals with the weak and the infirm. Hillary should be
    very worried.

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Why does the noun 'pig' (one I think may be intended as an insult in the actual context of this post, but it is possible that I am mistaken) take a capital letter, while the proper noun "Hillary" (in other words, the name of a person) does not?

7. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I seem to remember some soRt of scandal a few years ago when someone called Obama a monkey. Double standards?

8. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I consider "Pig" part of her name. Not based on looks, but because just like a pig, nothing is ever enough. She needs more power, more money, etc. And I don't believe there is any amount of either that will satisfy her. That's why.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 17, 2016 ---
    I want a dominant male for a change. I tired of pussified wimps in office.

9. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

The thing is, agreesive male chimps get nowhere on their own. They foster allies. Unlike Trump, who seems to alienate even people in the GOP.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 17, 2016 ---
    What a meaningful, polite, rational post.

10. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Trump is more of the monkey in the zoo flinging poo at people.

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Then Hillary Clinton is your guy! :D

An apt analogy! He seems to have an endless supply of it too with all the crap he makes up.

12. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

13. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

14. subsonix macrumors 68040

No. That would implicitly suggest that we are all like chimps, and we are not. Perhaps some of Trumps supporters are though, not sure.

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Well Trump sure blows that theory. Instead he is just a rambling stream of consciousness that gets easily sidetracked and derailed. He's kind of like one big long PRSI thread...all over the place with little focus and lots of complaining and negativity.

16. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

The science is settled: chimps and humans share 99% of our DNA so yea, we're all like chimps. Don't be a denier.

17. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

lol, that is one of the dumbest statements ive seen on this board.

18. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Another Young Earth Creationist is exposed.

19. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

another troll and/or ignoramus of any scientific thought or reason is exposed

20. subsonix macrumors 68040

I do not deny that we share DNA, but the point was that we do not all act like chimps, our intellect and culture are much more developed. However, the claim here was that Trump did act like a dominant chimp, does that mean he then will be accepted as leader, no.

21. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

sharing DNA doesn't mean as much as people think it does. a lot of the human genome (and chimp genome) is junk DNA. which never gets expressed at all. Additionally, when DNA is transcribed to RNA, it goes through a splicing process which creates different proteins from a same gene. This is further pronounced on a species vs species basis, producing a lot of genetic variation between chimps and humans. Additionally genes have different methylation sites which can turn off and on certain genes at various stages of development.

an example, just in humans, is that during fetal development, certain factors (called transcription factors) can activate genes and are expressed during development, but are never expressed after the person is born. this is another process that is way different between chimp development and human development.

While the 99% figure is accurate, its misleading because it only compares the absolute value of DNA base pairs in a chimp genome vs human genome. Additionally, through evolution, there have been a plethora of gene deletions or insertions that originated in a common ancestor and diverged as the phylogenies of chimps and humans further were separated on the evolutionary "chart".

so aaronvan is just talking out of his ass as usual

22. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Polite speech has not benefited us in anyway. Being afraid of not being polite has allowed our corrupt politicians to run rough shod over the American people.

23. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

24. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I actually enjoyed this. And I usually don't like your posts. I have stated several times here that Pig Hillary is basically a man. Not apearence wise but in her manurisims and conduct. She's basically a man with no penis.

25. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Naw, more of a sexless hominid draped in a potato sack. A real evolutionary dead-end.