Jared Kushner Under FBI Scrutiny

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, May 25, 2017.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Uh oh

"Jared Kushner, the president's son-in-law and one of his senior advisers, has come under FBI scrutiny in the Russia investigation, multiple U.S. officials told NBC News.

Investigators believe Kushner has significant information relevant to their inquiry, officials said. That does not mean they suspect him of a crime or intend to charge him."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcn...i-scrutiny-russia-probe-say-officials-n764826

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

man we need a spreadhseet to keep track of all trumps guys tied to Russia. but I am sure it is all just coincidence.

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Officials don't have names anymore? Strange.

All that has been said is that Jared is a person of interest, this doesn't mean he is being targeted or even thought to be guilty of anything.

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Sure they do, let's see Little Marko, lying Ted, Crooked Hillary, there were more but I forgot.

5. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

I posted about this before.. Conflicts of interest comes to mind again

6. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

No surprise really, and it doesn't really mean anything at this point. But as they say in TVland....stay tuned!

7. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

You forgot Orange Sphincter.

8. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Pu**ygrabbing Trump is another

9. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I would bet Hil liar y and her team had longer list of associates and contacts in Russia than Trump. Everyone in the rank-n-file from top to bottom is under FBI Scrutiny at some point.

Another day, another day the sky is falling. Yawn. I sense the media hype is leveling off.

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Nobody gives a **** what Clinton is up to. She's not president, (god willing) she's never going to be president.

At some point the sycophants are going to have to deal with the current administration instead of playing footsies with a nonexistent reality.

11. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

What about... What about... What about... What about... What about... What about...

12. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

When this is brought up why is it always left out in the comment he made that he's surprised they let him? Rhetorical question, of course.

13. SusanK macrumors 68000

Just like the Prime Minister or Montenegro invited Trump to push him aside?

Get real.

14. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I guess we'll see about the alleged Russian connection. However, whether or not this accusation is true, Trump has to be in one of the weakest positions any President has been in - namely, the majority of people disapproved of him almost from the onset and it keeps getting worse.

15. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

One more time.

Clinton is NOT President.

Trump IS.

16. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Yeah but any excuse to make that hilariously clever and oh so original Hil liar y joke. Get it? Cause she lies!

17. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

who cares. no one chimed in with the Russia BS when she was in office or running for POTUS. in fact the timing of all the Russia BS didn't amp up when Obama was still in office, it was only after Trump won that people began to cry and leak and begin the loonie bing.

18. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Well, suddenly we seem to have a bit of info that might indicate why the FBI is interested in Kushner. From a WaPo article:

Jared Kushner and Russia’s ambassador to Washington discussed the possibility of setting up a secret and secure communications channel between Trump’s transition team and the Kremlin, using Russian diplomatic facilities in an apparent move to shield their pre-inauguration discussions from monitoring, according to U.S. officials briefed on intelligence reports.

Ambassador Sergei Kislyak reported to his superiors in Moscow that Kushner, son-in-law and confidant to then-President-elect Trump, made the proposal during a meeting on Dec. 1 or 2 at Trump Tower, according to intercepts of Russian communications that were reviewed by U.S. officials. Kislyak said Kushner suggested using Russian diplomatic facilities in the United States for the communications.

The meeting also was attended by Michael Flynn, Trump’s first national security adviser.​

Again, this is via channels that wish to remain anonymous, but it does seem that the Post had info about this for quite some time without spilling the beans:

The Post was first alerted in mid-December to the meeting by an anonymous letter, which said, among other things, that Kushner had talked to Kislyak about setting up the communications channel. This week, officials who reviewed the letter and spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive intelligence said the portion about the secret channel was consistent with their understanding of events.​

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ac8b446820a_story.html?utm_term=.68ca21eb3351

I wonder what else is lying in wait in the mid-December letter that was sent to WaPo?

19. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

The topic of this discussion is Jerrod Kushner NOT Hillary Clinton.

20. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I know, I know.

But, it gives a whole new meaning to the expression "sore winners", doesn't it?

21. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Good.
    Let's investigate all of it.
    Prosecute if guilty.
    Declare innocence if innocent.

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

This latest story is pretty "out there."

At this point, I'm going to wait until Mueller or congress come up with something more substantive, and take any news story with an added grain of salt.

23. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

I dunno about that; Trump and his team seem pretty paranoid about wiretaps and leaks. Even if they didn't have any ulterior motives, they may have wanted to examine various options for secure communications.

And, certainly, Trump and his team have a level of comfort working with the Russians that most people in Washington lack. They may simply have been operating in a manner that appears unseemly when applied to politicians.

Or, yeah, there could be something deeper going on...