Jared Kushner's Full Statement

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jul 24, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

Even if it were under oath it would be of questionable value, given the track record of Trump's people, but if it's not under oath then why bother?

3. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

I don't think it makes a difference whether it's under oath or not, they've lied under both scenarios in the past. Had it been a big "nothing burger" it would have been included on his clearance forms to begin with.

4. Rhonindk macrumors 68030

Rhonindk

Interesting read. Not seeing anything extraordinary and looks factual and verifiable. It does clarify some published suppositions like the exclusion of Russian contacts. Actually, as I read this, it places the media in a rather poor light.

I agree this is of little additional value under oath. Looking forward to see what headlines, confirming or not. I suspect we will see a few "OMG!!! it's fake!!!" regarding points in this.

Good stuff. Thx.

5. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I think the dig at the media was intentional. Part of their war.

Not sure how this paints him. Perhaps my bias - but part of it (Jr's meeting) makes him come off as kind of prickish toward Jr and "too busy" to bother to read emails. I would think that someone in his position might be a little more prudent with his time. Not to mention the subject line of the email - above all else.

6. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

If only we could talk about healthcare and an infrastructure bill as much as we talk about Russia and who met with who before Trump was in office.

7. Rhonindk macrumors 68030

Rhonindk

Emails? On work days I generally receive 100-400 a day. Work emails, not personal. There is no way I can read these, evaluate and address each, especially the chains. You designate time, browse the Subject line (and hope it is relevant) and do your best.

I can see his point. You either handle your emails or they handle you.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 24, 2017 ---
    So true!!!
    Just got back from a week away and while it has died down a bit, it is still whacked.
    Glad to see some other topics are actually being mentioned. (CNN FOX ABC ...)

8. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Same here on emails. However... it was enough that he scheduled time to swing by. That means he filtered it out as being more important than the other x number. And if he singled it out - he had to have been aware of the SL. Sorry - I get hundreds of emails a day too and if something catches my eye enough to plan to attend a meeting, then I've clearly been intrigued by the subject line. Or I wouldn't have even noted date, time, who it was with.

Jared can claim he didn't read the email enough or close enough to know the full extent. I MIGHT give him that much irresponsibility as credible. But setting time aside or in anyway planning to attend (even just to swing by) involves some level of active involvement with one email over the hundreds of others.

He may not remember it NOW. But then....

9. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

I bet if you weren't here posting every single Trump tweet you might have time for them. :p

10. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

If only Trump could do that too.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 24, 2017 ---
    The Trump team has lied/denied/obfuscated about these meetings all along. How do we know nothing came of them? Because they say so?

11. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Hyperbole. And I have time for both. Considering only about 25 a day are actually worth any time.

12. Rhonindk macrumors 68030

Rhonindk

Chuckle ;)
    There have been times when I ask myself "Why am I here?" or "Why did I accept this?".

13. oneMadRssn macrumors 601

oneMadRssn

The same can be said about Trump's non-stop discussion of who met with Clinton and Obama and when.

14. Rhonindk macrumors 68030

Rhonindk

You really need to stop reading into or extrapolating based on something that isn't there. For me, I am not seeing any "flags" or points that could not be verified in some fashion if needed. I'm sure this will be dissected by many. At first glance, looks okay.

On a side note, this crap does irritate me. We would be better off if he was in Israel instead of having to deal with this.

15. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Look - it happens. I'm just saying that given the subject of the email - I find it hard(er) to believe

16. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

That's the problem - there's been a lot of things not there in the Trump team's statements until they have been proven to be, shall we say, incomplete.

Huh?

17. Rhonindk macrumors 68030

Rhonindk

Agree. This does read as complete if a bit lawyerly.

Kushner is supposed to be in Israel for Israel/Palestine to revive efforts for a peace deal. He's here doing this instead.

18. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Ya I cant wait for him to stand in the Temple Mount and make a peace deal.

;)

19. poloponies Suspended

Funny how every Trump rally is an orgasm of patriotism but the prospect of actual collusion with Russia is a "nothingburger."

20. Rhonindk macrumors 68030

Rhonindk

Interesting statement.
    Trump rally participants are either there to cheer him on, disrupt the event, or cover it from a media perspective. Or LEO.
    Orgasmic is not a term I would utilize for that.

As for Russia, when looked at collectively, it has been a "nothingburger". It may turn into a "somethingburger", but it is a "nothingburger" at the moment. Mueller nay be able to tell us differently. Eventually. Maybe.

21. Zenithal macrumors 603

I've got around 49K unread emails on my work account. Most people skim the subject line. 99% of these emails are CCs and BCs, and forwards. I've got more of that on permanent archive. It's all a yawn.

Most of it is in email form for legal reasons. That's it. Otherwise, most of it is repeat.

22. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

I shoulda had lunch, this nonthing burger is starting to sound good.

23. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

He's also supposed to be reinventing government, solving the opioid crisis, reforming the criminal justice system, etc. How he is qualified for any of that is not readily apparent, something that could be said for most of Trump's appointments.

24. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Just watch his post-hearing video @jkcerda and remember - that guy is with Ivanka and not you... LOL

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

won't be if he is locked up, I got family on the inside that can make me the next trump lover............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]