JB 16GB 1.1.4 ... Now What? (Your "Must Haves")

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by PrinceAlexander, Mar 17, 2008.

1. PrinceAlexander macrumors member

Hello All!
    I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. A regional Mac forum helped me make the switch last year, and I haven't looked back. I thought I'd throw this one out to the wider Mac community

I have finally been able to JB my iPod Touch, and it is sitting happily at 1.1.4. I have installed BSD subsystem, and Summerboard. My question is, as the title suggests, what now?

Are there any other system installs that need to be done ASAP? What have I missed?

What apps (maybe a top 5, or 10 if you're really keen) can't you live without? Keep in mind, they'll need to be compatible with 1.1.4.

Thanks in advance!

2. fridgeymonster3 macrumors 6502

fridgeymonster3

These are my must haves:

Customize - does what the name says:)
    MobileToDoList - again, name says it all
    iGolfXP2 - great if you are a golfer, keeps your scores, up to four players, on iPod Touch; also, can save game scores for future reference
    Mobiletetrominos - my wife is addicted, great game to keep you occupied
    Summerboard Thme (Leopard 10.5.1) - ok, its not an app, but a cool theme that changes the stupid square icons into Leopard icons

3. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

how did you get Customize to work on 1.1.4 (it said not compatible with my firmware)

Really cool apps:
    Drummer
    Pianist
    Guitarist
    Tap Tap Revolution
    Converter
    Mobile Chat
    Summberboard

there are so many choices hahaha

4. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Ooh! Lets list this!

Caissa Chess
    NES
    Tris (like mobileTetrimonos, but more suited for touch screen)
    MobileChat
    Sand (Oh the Mindlessness)
    MobileFinder (Mostly for error checking and stuff)
    Touchpad Pro
    Insomnia (Keeps wifi alive, even when sleeping... good for MobileChat)
    SmartRSS
    Summerboard (Wonderful app... I'll probly switch to customize when it's released for 1.1.4)
    MobileCast

I could live without

Touchpad Pro
    Insomnia
    Nes
    Sand

But i'd be bored in class.

5. fridgeymonster3 macrumors 6502

fridgeymonster3

I'm still rocking 1.1.1 and just assumed Customize would work with 1.1.4. Sorry for that.

[EDIT] Just tried Tris and its great - needs a little getting used to though [/EDIT]

6. PrinceAlexander thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help! Keep them coming!

On a side note: Where do I find ROMS for NES? What about other emulators? I'm off to do some serious searching!

7. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

legally all im allowed to say is GOOGLE....

the end

8. golf pro macrumors member

idk if im aloud but to say this but on your sources add 123locker.com, i think and under games or all apps i forget there will be somthing that says ness roms, if i wasnt aloud to say that im sorry i didnt think that would be against the rules

9. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Yeah... It's soo much better then tetrimonos. It does take a while to get used to, I still make stupid mistakes, and screw up my whole game :D. Most used game on my iPod.

10. YuriVoorhak macrumors regular

Lots of great stuff is already listed, but I didn't see these:

AFPd: Mount your ipod like a normal Macintosh network share.

PocketTouch: Implements no-look gesture commands for your music.

11. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

IMO iPhysics is a must have. it is a game (very addicting) where you have a blue ball and you have to draw different things to get it to touch a red square. it sounds kinda stupid but it is really addicting. you have to add a source to get it though (i forgot which one). if iPhysics was available on official firmware, i wouldn't be jailbroken right now.

12. Andreas van Har macrumors newbie

I can't get most of the names mentioned here at work on my 1.1.4 Ipod. Mobile, summerboard, Iphysics... nope

13. jbarr macrumors regular

My list of "must haves" in no particular order:

Essentials:
    • OpenSSH - Provides complete file and shell access from Windows using WinSCP and PuTTY
    • WiFiSwitch - Toggles WiFi on and off with one tap
    • MACalc - Replacement calculator
    • SummerBoard - Enhances SpringBoard functions
    • Wiki2Touch - Offline Wikipedia reader. Requires about 3GB storage, but gives you all Wikipedia text articles offline.
    • Cydia - App installer and system enhancements
    Great to have:
    • Converter - Unit conversion app
    • Books - eBook reader
    • weDict - Dictionary app
    • English Etymology - Dictionary for weDict
    • Merriam Webster - Dictionary for weDict
    • Poof - Hides unused application icons from SpringBoard

14. Purelazy macrumors newbie

hey guys, i'm kinda new to this and i'll need lots if help. I've just JB my 1.1.4 nd installed summberboard but it seems my summberboard isn't working. Did i do something wrong?? And i dun know how to shift my icons to another page like how the apple website movie does it, is there any app i could install on version 1.1.4 to do that?

15. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Please dont jailbreak your iPod touches my friends, be grateful you dont have to and can keep your warranty

SDK is coming soon and most likely these pple will release their Apps for download thru SDK where they can get paid for it. DONT JAILBREAK IT.

16. JAT macrumors 603

zainjetha,
    Go back to the regular forum where you are safe! Don't come in here with all the pervs and pirates who JB their iPods. :rolleyes: You might catch AIDS or something if you stay here! Or maybe Interpol will show up at your door.

Purelazy,
    That is Apple's function that shows up when you purchase their "Jan app update". So purchase it and you will get wiggly icons, then you can slide them around wherever you want, including to the dock. If you already have the Jan apps, touch an icon and hold it for a couple seconds, they all start wiggling.

About Summerboard....there can be issues with permissions. Since you are new to this, I'd go to ipodtouchfans.com and read about jailbreaking issues before doing anything more. It's better to read first before hacking. You should learn about SSH and other things that will help.

17. realfx macrumors member

Insomnia?

hows battery life when you use Insomnia. thinking about useing when needed can you tell me more

thanks for the time

18. boramora macrumors member

boramora

I just installed Text Twist on my iPod and it's been my main addiction for the day :D I'm not sure if it was from another source that I added or not, I forgot... <_<;

19. tennez macrumors regular

I just installed Text twisted and its addictive...
    Have you guys tried icopter?